Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The worrying about the squad thread  (Read 37721 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 18:07:21 »

tbh you would think we could at least complete with a wage budget of the bottom half of League one, our attendances are better/same.
Were be lucky to be in the play offs with this half of feeble squad.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 20:07:17 »

tbh you would think we could at least complete with a wage budget of the bottom half of League one, our attendances are better/same.
Were be lucky to be in the play offs with this half of feeble squad.

There is of course the small matter of whether the player is prepared to play in L2...
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 20:24:22 »

Surely now Richards is out for a couple of months a striker is a priority now.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 20:40:43 »

Surely now Richards is out for a couple of months a striker is a priority now.
PB is quoted in Adver saying that.  Also mentions two centre halves.   Did I imagine it but was not Robertson told he is free to find another club?
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 07:33:04 »

STFC Rumour Mill

@STFC_Rumours
 43m43 minutes ago
More
STFC close to signing winger Lloyd Sam
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:03:41 »

Been playing in America for a bit, so he must be used to Div 4 standard by now Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:22:46 »

Been playing in America for a bit, so he must be used to Div 4 standard by now Smiley

Certainly been in the US, but hasn't played much.... last serious FL 6 years ago. 34 in September. For me not an indicator that Power is serious about going up. Still 3 weeks however so provisional assessment atm.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:23:09 »

If Lloyd Sam is fit that has the Potential to be a great signing.

last years he was playing in the MLS which i'm sure is a better standard than L2.

Think Brown mentioned he wanted to see his fitness before signing as that was the reason he was let go at Wimbledon.

Fingers crossed a good one

just need about 8 more players now for a Squad Smiley 3 weeks till opener. Anyone else a bit concerned?

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:27:36 »

last years he was playing in the MLS which i'm sure is a better standard than L2.

Think Brown mentioned he wanted to see his fitness before signing as that was the reason he was let go at Wimbledon.

just need about 8 more players now for a Squad Smiley 3 weeks till opener. Anyone else a bit concerned?

Had there not been a World Cup to distract attention for the last few weeks, I think there would be more concern being voiced than there is now.  And now that it's all but finished and the season just a few weeks away, we're going to see a lot more concern unless something happens fairly quickly.  We do seem to be leaving it very late this summer.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:28:47 »

Anyone else a bit concerned?

I think there is this Reg chap who may have briefly mentioned some concern?  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:35:18 »

Certainly been in the US, but hasn't played much.... last serious FL 6 years ago. 34 in September. For me not an indicator that Power is serious about going up. Still 3 weeks however so provisional assessment atm.

Cheapos and punts so far Reg. No doubt some will call such observations panic, but if he had the money to put together a lower risk promotion strategy I'm sure he would have got some more proven players in by now.

I'm sure* we'll get a couple of half decent players in, but expectations are receding by the day for me.

*ish.
Sir red ken

« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:47:27 »

Cheapos and punts so far Reg. No doubt some will call such observations panic, but if he had the money to put together a lower risk promotion strategy I'm sure he would have got some more proven players in by now.

I'm sure* we'll get a couple of half decent players in, but expectations are receding by the day for me.

*ish.
Its just like all the other LP close seasons, wait to see what's left and sign a couple of loans before the season starts.
We'll get a few unsigned/unwanted players who haven't any value or wanted by others as we're broke as a club.
If PB can get us promoted with his hands so badly tied then it would be a master stroke.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:48:15 »

I can confirm that the MLS is a significant step-up from L2 standard.  Some decent money is starting to come into the league now and they've been picking up good quality young South American talent.  he looked good the season before last.  Surprised me that a few more haven't been looked at to be honest - wages are still not astronomical due to caps being in place for all but the "marquee" signings.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 08:55:12 »

We'll get a few unsigned/unwanted players who haven't any value or wanted by others as we're broke as a club.

This isn't going to be popular, but if Power hasn't got the money and needs us to live close/at breakeven then this is the reality of what you get. Its understandable.

As a fan its disheartening. Odds are we need a lucky season or Power to exit AND find someone better/with deeper pockets to move us forward. (IMO)

I mean this assumes he isn't sandbagging some signings of course.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 09:00:16 »

Its just like all the other LP close seasons, wait to see what's left and sign a couple of loans before the season starts.
If PB can get us promoted with his hands so badly tied then it would be a master stroke.

TBF to Power, there has usually been one or perhaps two who've been brought in with an eye to future sales, so far none this campaign..... it could be we'll see one yet or it could be Power has binned that strategy having not got any profit since Ajose 2 seasons back. It could be he sees the property deals as the way forward, and provide some cash as he leaves, so as long as we maintain a league club that will do.

At first I was surprised given the latter potential scenario that PB was prepared to take the job.... so thought perhaps it indicated something better, however PB is on his 3rd wife and divorces don't come cheap, so perhaps he's just happy to have a job.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: