Poll
Question: Ever driven while over the alcohol limit?
Yes - 32 (69.6%)
No - 14 (30.4%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ever driven while over the alcohol limit?  (Read 7728 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:05:18 »

Just asking...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:09:03 »

not knowingly.

never killed anyone that's for sure.

hth
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:13:27 »

not knowingly.

never killed anyone that's for sure.

hth

Well done (seriously). The rest of us could have had it on our conscience.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:15:17 »

I'll hold my hands up and admit I did when I was a teenager/in my early twenties. 'luckily' it was only a fairly short journey to give a lift home to some friends, but driving back home I twigged how utterly stupid I had been and vowed never to do it again - which I haven't.

When I lived in Luxembourg, there is a horrible 'laissez-faire' culture of people going to the pub on a Friday evening and driving home without a second thought. I can't think of anything worse to be honest, the consequences just aren't worth contemplating.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:24:44 »

the issue is the morning after. it's really hard to calculate when it's safe. is 12 hours enough (rehtorical). it's possible when younger I've inadvertantly done it .
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:25:13 »

Yes.  Indeed.  It was not exactly uncommon in my student days.  Good that it's changed.

I do make hands free calls from time to time which I believe can tend to detract from concentration levels.

I would think any driver claiming never to have been distracted long enough to have risked a serious accident is complacent.

I don't know McCormick.  If he were prepared to speak up against drink driving in local colleges, press and online then, if he's done his time and is genuinely repentant, then I'd consider him.  No more.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:26:22 »

Nope never done it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 11:09:36 »

With alcohol still in the system, yes probably. (Morning after scenario, so 8 - 12 hour gap say).
Over the limit, don't think so.

Need to look at adopting a zero risk approach though, which is easily done.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 11:16:57 »

I was so drunk once that I hit a parked car and didn't realise. Scraped it along the side. I didn't believe it at first until I was shown the line of red paint down the side of my silver motor... oops. THAT was the wake-up call I needed. I've never done it since and never will again, it's just not worth it. Not only was I (and others) fortunate that there was nobody in the car I hit, I was also very fortunate to be in a country with corrupt coppers. It cost me a few quid but that was that, I learned the easy way. The wife was not happy.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 11:30:01 »

Never driven after drinking, before sleep. I’m sure there are some mornings I’ve driven when I shouldn’t have (and I’d wager the same for quite a few who believe they’ve never drunk-drove).

Things get better but they never get good
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 12:29:10 »

back in the day when i was young and stupid, yes.
I used to stay at a mates house and one night he pulled a right monster. He took her up to his room and i crashed out on the sofa. A little while later i am awoken by this rotter trying to mount me, in sheer panic and desperation i just got up and left and drove home. Turns out that my mate came to realize what he'd pulled and told her to go and "sort me out". yeah, cheers mate. We're not friends anymore.....unrelated.

My old man used to tell me stories about how in the 60s/70's he would drive his mates to oxford, have 10 pints and drive home and it was the norm back then.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 12:51:02 »

When I was young, I regularly used to down a few pints in the country pubs of mid-Wilts and drive home half-cut. I don't know how many people left the car-parks in full possession of their wits, but those pubs wouldn't have done much business without the drink-drivers.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 13:12:36 »

back in the day when i was young and stupid, yes.
I used to stay at a mates house and one night he pulled a right monster. He took her up to his room and i crashed out on the sofa. A little while later i am awoken by this rotter trying to mount me, in sheer panic and desperation i just got up and left and drove home. Turns out that my mate came to realize what he'd pulled and told her to go and "sort me out". yeah, cheers mate. We're not friends anymore.....unrelated.

Who was that? Cheesy

I've never driven directly after drinking more than the legal limit, but I've driven to work the morning after when I've likely still been squiffy. Tend not to drink at all now if I'm driving.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 16:17:56 »

Couldn’t possibly comment officer. 🤐
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 16:19:01 »

I did once it was a morning after a big session and i was still steaming. I moved my wifes car in a drive at my mates house and managed to knock 2 brick walls down. If i go anywhere now and drive i dont have anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: