Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McCormick  (Read 53327 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #120 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 12:12:39 »

Didn't realise he played against Chelsea in the Boycott Cup. Cheers JJ. Still a decent record.
Even better if he didn't play in the Chelsea game Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 12:16:19 »

Tricky comparison because Nelson and wolfie have improved the defense too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #122 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 12:21:35 »

Tricky comparison because Nelson and wolfie have improved the defense too.
They have, its always difficult as its not like for like in defence but I would say Luke makes me feel more comfortable than Vigs.

I know a lot of Town fans wouldn't agree though.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 14:15:50 »

Luke "seems" to engage more with the players in front of him.  It might not be the case, because I'm viewing it through iFollow with commentary from another game, but it looks that way.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 14:20:35 »

They have, its always difficult as its not like for like in defence but I would say Luke makes me feel more comfortable than Vigs.

I know a lot of Town fans wouldn't agree though.

I like Vigs but as a fan I always wonder where his next "Wobbly" is coming from. We can attribute that to growing up and learning etc. and I shouldn't judge him on that but like an under-the-skin-itch it nags me. Goalkeeping sense if he keeps his head down and works hard he will learn a lot from watching LMc. Football is a strange employment because LMc could easily get injured on Tues and Vigs is back in. Thing is, it won't be a given if that were to happen. Vigs would still have to return PBs faith with maybe 2/4 clean sheets or performances that suggest he did everything to stop a goal. For me that's why LMc has the No.1 in all but on his back, he's earned his place with performances. I don't think we'd be saying that if someone like Phil Smith (for all the want of trying, and a lovely bloke) had stepped in. Vigs just needs to work hard because injuries aside...he won't be first choice for the foreseeable.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 16:45:32 »

I dont think the recent improvement ingoals conceded has much to do with McCormick. Weve just stopped making basic errors. Those errors were apparent against Bury and no matter which keeper was playing we would have lost.

It is u usual for a L2 club to have 2 such good keepers on its books.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 18:05:34 »

he didn't look brilliant on Sat. bit flappy. seems quite small for a keeper, first time iv seen him play.

nearly made a mistake in the first minute when their striker closed him down and reacted well slow.

Didn't really make a save so can only judge on distribution etc. did however collect some good crosses but at the same time missed one he came well out for. still vigs for me but he isn't going to get dropped for clean sheets
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 18:09:33 »

He's been quite good on crosses to be fair to him, and he made a couple of blinding saves in recent games.  Looks a competent keeper, and Vigs had improved earlier int he season I thought as well, Crawley being a stand out.  Great to be able to rely on two keepers when last season all our keepers looked like they had wet brown paper shopping bags for hands.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #128 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 18:38:28 »

He's been quite good on crosses to be fair to him, and he made a couple of blinding saves in recent games.  Looks a competent keeper, and Vigs had improved earlier int he season I thought as well, Crawley being a stand out.  Great to be able to rely on two keepers when last season all our keepers looked like they had wet brown paper shopping bags for hands.
Definately this, you can't judge him on a single performance just him over 4 or 5, Saturday was easily his poorest game so far in a Town shirt.

We can rely on both keepers for the first time in many years.

sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 21:08:32 »

Arguably much of what makes a good custodian can’t necessarily be seen by the fans. A good keeper needs to organise his defence, inspire confidence. Some of this may even occur off the field if play. If he’s securing clean sheets that’s all that matters. It’s certainly not all about just shot stopping. Vigs is clearly a capable shot stopper but we have a poor defensive record when he is between the sticks. Coincidence?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 21:51:34 »

To my very untrained eye, vigs best is better than mcormicks best. And vigs worse is worse than mcormicks worst

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: