Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McCormick  (Read 53545 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 16:33:50 »

Indeed not but as Froggy inplied that my watching of Town under PdC was tacit to condoning genocide, presumably referring to the Holocaust, I thought it worth mentioning France's part in those events, which were not insignificant.  Certainly worthy of a bit of moral compass application.

Macron apologised officially a little under a year ago... I quote from the Guardian

Commemorating 75 years since a mass roundup of Jews during the darkest chapter of modern French history, Macron insisted “it was indeed France that organised this”.

“Not a single German” was directly involved, he said, but French police collaborating with the Nazis.

Holocaust survivors recounted wrenching stories at the ceremony at the site of Vel d’Hiv stadium near the Eiffel Tower in Paris, where police herded 13,000 people on 16-17 July 1942 before they were deported to camps. More than 4,000 were children. Fewer than 100 survived.

They were among about 76,000 Jews deported from France to Nazi camps

You're very confused mon vieux. I didn't condone either Vichy or Swindon under fascist regimes. Either you're cherry-picking your causes, or your decision to abstain is permanent. Anyway, have you ever driven under the influence?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 18:53:42 »

Fuck off comparing the holocaust to this, seriously.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:10:45 »

Here you are Reg, maybe this will help you with your sense of perspective
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:23:03 »

Oh god that's probably going to remind him of the Port Merrion railway in 1882 or something

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:25:39 »

Or some tubby romanian woman climbing up to his treehouse on Glastonbury Tor
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:31:59 »

Here you are Reg, maybe this will help you with your sense of perspective

I have no trouble with perspective... therefore don't think my support of Town during the PdC years, means I supported fascism and genocide as Froggy suggests.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:48:17 »

Or some tubby romanian woman climbing up to his treehouse on Glastonbury Tor
Clap

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:57:00 »

Oh god that's probably going to remind him of the Port Merrion railway in 1882 or something
Portmeirion (I thought you lived in Wales) never had a railway, or in fact even a station. 😉
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 19:59:07 »

Portmeirion (I thought you lived in Wales) never had a railway, or in fact even a station. 😉

I literally care more about paint drying.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 15:10:27 »

I am never sure what the difference is in terms of a league 2 player continuing their chosen career or an accountant (both have ended up doing what they do through hard work and being good at it), average Lg 2 salaries are probably less than a qualified accountant could earn so why is it hugely different? Are we now saying that anyone convicted of such a crime should no longer be allowed to work, so for instance this guy, https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/a50-cyclist-death-john-stewart-1727253 should not be allowed to work to support his family? (only use that as an example as was discussing it yesterday as the victim was a loose acquaintance of mine from another forum)? I can just imagine the righteous indignation if it came out in the tabloids that McCormick was living on benefits.

Many years ago I was the driver in an accident where my girlfriend (now my wife) was injured, due to her injury it was subject to a police investigation which took about 4 months (interview under caution etc etc) and they concluded that it was an accident and that I was not at fault in any way, however to this day it still fucks with my head a lot, I didn't go out to crash but due to a mixture of circumstances it happened.....

A key point of prison is rehabilitation, and if he joins we can all tell our kids as a story to be bloody careful and not act like a fuckwit as it can have horrible consequences. I note that when he signed for Plymouth certain of the victims relatives were coming out saying they were trying to get on with their life and he should do likewise.

I an entirely indifferent if he signs, see no reason why it should be more of a pantomime than when he was at Plymouth, it it was Lee Hughes I would feel very different but McCormick didn't leave the scene and hide for nearly 2 days to avoid a breath test or plead innocent and then try to appeal his sentence.  

His sentence should have been increased just for his celebration alone.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 12:06:19 »

Done a fair bit more reading on this and particularly what the family said a few years ago and can't really go while he's here. There's no right or wrong here it's what's right for the individual. I don't want any of my money going into his pocket and couldnt cheer him if he made a save.
It's a shame. Love going down the CG even when we've been shit but that's me done until he's no longer under contract here. My daughter's can make their own minds up.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 13:26:39 »

So this is a genuine hypothetical question.

We are in the last minute of a play off final. Luke Mcmormick is in goal. The opposing team have a penalty. The penalty is saved. STFC gain promotion.

What would you thoughts be then?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 13:29:10 »

I would also like to add this.

He has done his time. He has said he felt guilty and wants to integrate with society. Is it his fault his career is a professional footballer. If you owned a building company, and he was a good builder, would you not give him a job?

I am not saying what he did was right, far from it, it’s just another point of view.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 13:43:34 »

So this is a genuine hypothetical question.

We are in the last minute of a play off final. Luke Mcmormick is in goal. The opposing team have a penalty. The penalty is saved. STFC gain promotion.

What would you thoughts be then?
That one's easy. I won't be there or watching on telly so not an issue. I've got to detach from stfc while he's under contract.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 13:46:35 »

I would also like to add this.

He has done his time. He has said he felt guilty and wants to integrate with society. Is it his fault his career is a professional footballer. If you owned a building company, and he was a good builder, would you not give him a job?

I am not saying what he did was right, far from it, it’s just another point of view.
A builder is not in the public eye or such high profile and unlikely to be applauded if he lays down a good brick. Part of McCormick's defence was that he wouldn't be playing football again. The family whose children were wiped out appreciate he's got to earn a living but not as a footballer. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: