Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McCormick  (Read 53348 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:03:36 »

The club have reached a new low.

And on that bombshell...

I say give him a chance.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:04:07 »

Did he rage quit, or get banned?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:04:18 »

If he signs I really am conflicted as to whether to go or not. I keep flip flopping between the two. I understand both sides of the argument but I still come back to the basic thought of why fucking do it knowing the reaction you'd get. It's not the way to get a united fanbase.
I've got a bit of time to flip flop a bit more. Normally I'm quite black and white but both sides of the argument are persuasive.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:24:30 »

If he signs I really am conflicted as to whether to go or not. I keep flip flopping between the two. I understand both sides of the argument but I still come back to the basic thought of why fucking do it knowing the reaction you'd get. It's not the way to get a united fanbase.
I've got a bit of time to flip flop a bit more. Normally I'm quite black and white but both sides of the argument are persuasive.

For me it's black and white.... being a fan is about offering support and encouragement to those on the pitch, who are representing "the club"

In all honesty, I couldn't do this with LM, and further it's another example of the club being removed from the fans. 

Therefore I'm left with no option other than non attendance. 

Where I'm prevaricating is whether he's on the bench, but doesn't get on.... I think I could live with that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 10:25:03 »

He has signed a 1 year contract.

Swindon Town FC
‏Verified account @Official_STFC
23 minutes ago

DONE DEAL 🤝 | Swindon Town are delighted to announce the signing of Goalkeeper Luke McCormick on a one-year deal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 11:05:43 »

For me it's black and white.... being a fan is about offering support and encouragement to those on the pitch, who are representing "the club"

In all honesty, I couldn't do this with LM, and further it's another example of the club being removed from the fans. 

Therefore I'm left with no option other than non attendance. 

Where I'm prevaricating is whether he's on the bench, but doesn't get on.... I think I could live with that.

But you were ok with fascism Reg. Odd moral code. Have you forgotten what it was like sticking it up Jerry back in the day?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 11:45:30 »

But you were ok with fascism Reg. Odd moral code. Have you forgotten what it was like sticking it up Jerry back in the day?

Certainly haven't forgotten.... similarly I haven't forgotten the Battle of Mers-el Kebir, whereby in 1940 the Royal Navy sank much of the French fleet, before the Vichy Government could hand it over to the Germans. Nominally the French were still our allies, but the Vichy regime practised fascist policies, and conducted an air raid on Gibraltar by way of response.

None of which has anything to do with the fact I won't go and watch a Town game if LM is playing.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 12:17:33 »

Certainly haven't forgotten.... similarly I haven't forgotten the Battle of Mers-el Kebir, whereby in 1940 the Royal Navy sank much of the French fleet, before the Vichy Government could hand it over to the Germans. Nominally the French were still our allies, but the Vichy regime practised fascist policies, and conducted an air raid on Gibraltar by way of response.

None of which has anything to do with the fact I won't go and watch a Town game if LM is playing.

Does a bit though. One young man drink-driving vs support for genocide. Your moral compass has gone haywire.

And what Vichy France has to do with anything...

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 12:29:39 »

Does a bit though. One young man drink-driving vs support for genocide. Your moral compass has gone haywire.

And what Vichy France has to do with anything...

You choose to live in France a country with a history of backing fascism...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 12:55:56 »

Don't be ridiculous. I choose to live in an advanced European social democracy with an understanding of work-life balance and the good things in life.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 13:18:57 »

Jesus Reg. Is Great Britain's history so innocent?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 14:02:12 »

Jesus Reg. Is Great Britain's history so innocent?

Indeed not but as Froggy inplied that my watching of Town under PdC was tacit to condoning genocide, presumably referring to the Holocaust, I thought it worth mentioning France's part in those events, which were not insignificant.  Certainly worthy of a bit of moral compass application.

Macron apologised officially a little under a year ago... I quote from the Guardian

Commemorating 75 years since a mass roundup of Jews during the darkest chapter of modern French history, Macron insisted “it was indeed France that organised this”.

“Not a single German” was directly involved, he said, but French police collaborating with the Nazis.

Holocaust survivors recounted wrenching stories at the ceremony at the site of Vel d’Hiv stadium near the Eiffel Tower in Paris, where police herded 13,000 people on 16-17 July 1942 before they were deported to camps. More than 4,000 were children. Fewer than 100 survived.

They were among about 76,000 Jews deported from France to Nazi camps

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 14:43:33 »

A drink driving footballer to the holocaust in around 10 posts, good grief.

He's signed people, are entirely entitled to do what they like in terms of attendance?

I don't recall was there this much fuss and stay aways when we signed Ranger on a rape charge or after he was filmed knocking women about?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 14:51:49 »

A drink driving footballer to the holocaust in around 10 posts, good grief.

He's signed people, are entirely entitled to do what they like in terms of attendance?

I don't recall was there this much fuss and stay aways when we signed Ranger on a rape charge or after he was filmed knocking women about?
I think there was a fair amount and when the video came out of him snacking his girlfriend he had to go.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, July 7, 2018, 16:06:06 »

With respect, Chalkies, I don't think the fanbase has ever been united, or ever will, just like society in general. It'll certainly drive a few more fans away. For what it's worth, like Di Canio and Ranger, it won't stop me going (FWIW no.2: Leslie Grantham didn't stop me watching Eastenders).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: