Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McCormick  (Read 53336 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 16:08:05 »

Quote from: tans
since you opened it up, will never get my support, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, I'd rather keep RCC. uncomfortable that 1p of my money would go to this cunts wages, and I hope he fucks off elsewhere or does his ACL in training.

other than that...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 16:08:13 »

A respectable first team squad would contain two competent goalkeepers - something we don't currently own.

It's hardly as if Brown won't recruit any outfield players until we sign a goalkeeper FFS.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 16:16:34 »

I think it’s pretty clever Brown trying to get a decent number 2 in.
Last season when Vigs didn’t play we had 2 poor keepers, so if anything happens to him this season it will be good to have an adequate replacement.

I get the impression Vigs needs proper competition to possibly offset his unfortunate habit of disappearing up his own arse!
akay69

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 16:51:54 »

since you opened it up, will never get my support, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, I'd rather keep RCC. uncomfortable that 1p of my money would go to this cunts wages, and I hope he fucks off elsewhere or does his ACL in training.

other than that...

I agree, and I'm not sure I could pay on the gate knowing where some of the money was going, IMO he should have shown some humility, fucked off and retrained as plumber to earn a living, rather rubbing the family of those beautiful boys faces in it, man’s a cunt and if he turns up at SN1 I'm out.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 16:55:43 »

My concern isn't the McCormick background, but the fact that we are fannying around shopping for substitute keepers.

If we start (or, for that matter, finish) the season with Will Henry on the bench, that shouldn't represent a problem. I don't think that a L2 club needs 2 experienced keepers battling it out, and I expect there will still be some kind of emergency provision to bail us out if we run out of goalkeepers.

If we start (or, for that matter, finish) the season without a pair of fully fit centre backs, and capable central midfielders, things might not be so straightforward. 

I wasn't aware we could only conduct one transfer at a time...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 16:59:55 »

I agree, and I'm not sure I could pay on the gate knowing where some of the money was going, IMO he should have shown some humility, fucked off and retrained as plumber to earn a living, rather rubbing the family of those beautiful boys faces in it, man’s a cunt and if he turns up at SN1 I'm out.

I rue the day you ever make a fucking mistake.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 17:13:26 »

I'm sure he feels far worse about what happened than we do. What would make some people happy? He was homeless/destitute? He'll never have a clean slate that's the nature of it, but most can and do try to make amends when some un pre mediated tragedy has occurred. Everyone wishes they'd made a different decision about something I'm sure.
woolster

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 17:20:19 »

I'm sure he feels far worse about what happened than we do. What would make some people happy? He was homeless/destitute? He'll never have a clean slate that's the nature of it, but most can and do try to make amends when some un pre mediated tragedy has occurred. Everyone wishes they'd made a different decision about something I'm sure.
what did he do, I honestly aint got a clue
akay69

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 17:30:13 »

I think drink or drug drivers who cause the death of innocent children should be given a whole life term or the death penalty.

Personality I don't pay towards the salary of a double child killer, just a person thing, but good luck to you all.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 17:57:16 »

In 2012 last time he was training with us, Flashheart said this :-

I've gotten really, really pissed and then driven a car before, I suspect others on the TEF have also. I learned my lesson the easy way.

The only thing making me any different to a drink driver that has killed somebody is that I got lucky, they didn't

These were also my feelings at the time and still are now.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 17:57:49 »

It's obviously a very difficult, emotive subject. However people feel, there is no right or wrong point of view.

I personally think its interesting to compare how people reacted to Jimmy Davis's tragic death and how they reacted to Luke McCormick - the same people I'm sure in a lot of cases. I've not researched the incidents in microscopic detail but I'm pretty sure its fair to say that what each of them did was virtually identical. They both got into and drove a high powered vehicle on a motorway only a short amount of time after consuming a shed load of alcohol - so much so that there is no way they could not have known they were over the limit.

The consequences of each one's actions clearly were totally different. However, these could easily have been reversed. Luke McCormick didn't intend to kill two innocent kids and severely injure their dad. Conversely, it was only good fortune (if you can call it that) that meant that Jimmy Davis didn't kill anyone else but himself. McCormick lived, Davis died - could easily have been the other way round.

McCormick is reviled (understandably), Davis attains virtual saint hood. That's certainly what I remember of that very sad time in 2003. But how ironic - Neither of them showed any regards for human life and behaved in an unimaginably selfish, reckless manner and destroyed lives but are thought of in such contrasting terms.

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 18:00:23 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 18:21:25 »

It's obviously a very difficult, emotive subject. However people feel, there is no right or wrong point of view.

I personally think its interesting to compare how people reacted to Jimmy Davis's tragic death and how they reacted to Luke McCormick - the same people I'm sure in a lot of cases. I've not researched the incidents in microscopic detail but I'm pretty sure its fair to say that what each of them did was virtually identical. They both got into and drove a high powered vehicle on a motorway only a short amount of time after consuming a shed load of alcohol - so much so that there is no way they could not have known they were over the limit.

The consequences of each one's actions clearly were totally different. However, these could easily have been reversed. Luke McCormick didn't intend to kill two innocent kids and severely injure their dad. Conversely, it was only good fortune (if you can call it that) that meant that Jimmy Davis didn't kill anyone else but himself. McCormick lived, Davis died - could easily have been the other way round.

McCormick is reviled (understandably), Davis attains virtual saint hood. That's certainly what I remember of that very sad time in 2003. But how ironic - Neither of them showed any regards for human life and behaved in an unimaginably selfish, reckless manner and destroyed lives but are thought of in such contrasting terms.

Fantastic post.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 18:23:02 »

Absolutely....a great post which we could all reflect on.
akay69

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 18:30:52 »

Whereas I have never drove under the influence of drink or drugs, and if did make the choice to drink and drive and to use my car as a weapon to kill an innocent person, then I would expect a whole of life term and no mercy whatsoever,  if you choose to live by the sword, then you must be prepared to die by the sword, I’m sure many drink drivers find this sanctimonious, while their victims would not.

I can’t say that I was looking forward to next season, but I would have been there and supported the team, but like everyone I have my own set of morals and values, and these would be incompatible with this signing, anyway if this is confirmed then I’m out, and I hope you all enjoy the season. 

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 18:35:26 »

Exactly this. We'll be constantly going round in circles and of course it is a sensitive matter. However, if anyone on here has never done anything selfish which could have resulted in a serious incident (think long and hard because there are tons of things), then I'll stand corrected. As Flashheart said, he's just lucky it's never happened to him. I'm sure many if not all of us could echo something similar.

If certain people feel that about that but then have done the exact same deed (and got away with it) then they're a hypocrite and aren't worth knowing.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 18:46:36 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: