Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pete Luscombe aka Skippy  (Read 7054 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 18:21:34 »

I was probably alongside you as well. As for age, 57 same as me hence the 61 in his adver name.
Yeah I would have put him a little older than me but as you say not much, names go a bit with age I only remember Ady Elsworth and a lad nicknamed stabber, I would still reocgnise them all by face though even now, the biggish lad that used to start the singing in the Town End back then.

He always stood a little to the right side of the TE on top of one of the barriers facing away from the pitch, cannot for the life of me remember his name though, skinhead/close cropped black hair, about my age or a little older and he started almost every song back then.

Often going to games in a clapped out old Transit van loaded with cans of Colt 45, getting pulled over just outside Northampton, Warrington, Leicester also going on the train to Colchester and many other games, those were the days.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 19:09:44 »

Skippy was at the extreme end of mild when it comes to Town fans. There will be a wake after the funeral and it will be interesting to catch up with some old faces.
Its interesting to see some of the old fans at the other end of the scale around town - some of them the nicest people you could ever meet and now henpecked with kids.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 21:06:24 »

Sad to announce massive Town fan Pete has passed away. Went to games with him over 30 years ago and used to bump into him at assorted shitholes around the uk. Had a beer with him after Accrington.
He didn't post on here but was a regular on the adver forum as swindon61uk.
He was a top bloke with a nasty collection of shirts.
RIP mate.

Sorry to hear about this Mate.
I mainly post on the Adver and always found his posts positive.

Same generation as you and would have been at those Northern outposts for sure.

RIP - great days back then and we lose one of our own.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:10:30 »

Funeral was today and it was a very worthy send off for him. Lots of dodgy shirts in attendance. It was great to catch up with several old faces today I hadn't seen in years.
RIP mate.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:36:03 »

Funeral was today and it was a very worthy send off for him. Lots of dodgy shirts in attendance. It was great to catch up with several old faces today I hadn't seen in years.
RIP mate.

Sounds like he got a good send off. RIP
Combe Up

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 22:59:48 »

Yes, a good attendance by workmates, friends & family. Great speech by his bro' who had f!own in from NYC.

Many, many great memories of the guy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: