Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Football pubs in Swindon  (Read 5844 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 18:33:16 »

Best places in Swindon to watch football, in particular the England game.

Usually go with the steam or the woodands edge, but can’t be bothered with the dickheads. I don’t mind the boisterous-ness (in fact I prefer it) and I don’t even mind getting beer thrown over me (I own both a shower AND a washing machine). But I can do without the fighting, broken tv’s and broken bottles

It’s a pity walkabout has never really been replaced as a sports venue. I always thought Bakers Street on wood street would be perfect if they set the projector up on the main wall, but alas

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 18:34:33 »

The windmill in Freshbrook?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 18:55:31 »

Shield and Dagger has just had a refurb with some sport screens.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 19:02:37 »

None.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 19:03:53 »

Shield and Dagger has just had a refurb with some sport screens.

Yeah so I’ve seen. But wary about that tho, given it’s a notorious shit hole

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 19:12:38 »

Is it Sippo's local?   Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 19:13:02 »

Best places in Swindon to watch football, in particular the England game.

Usually go with the steam or the woodands edge, but can’t be bothered with the dickheads. I don’t mind the boisterous-ness (in fact I prefer it) and I don’t even mind getting beer thrown over me (I own both a shower AND a washing machine). But I can do without the fighting, broken tv’s and broken bottles

It’s a pity walkabout has never really been replaced as a sports venue. I always thought Bakers Street on wood street would be perfect if they set the projector up on the main wall, but alas
Sadly the Edge is my local by default, well since the Foresters became a trendy Italian eatery. The staff are playing down the trouble the other day and praising the insurance Co. for replacing the broken TV the following day after they saw it on the ITV news (yeah right they did), I could have put money in there being trouble as there will be tomorrow, the place has form for this type of behaviour. Also it is worth noting that the brewery Greene King have reclassified the Edge a being a drinking pub with food and the Brookhouse being a food pub with drink. Furthermore the staff are blaming recent trouble on a mixture of the Edge being cheaper than the the Tawny and Blunsdon Arms for attracting the ‘here we go, here we go’ type of patron coupled with the new housing estate at the top of Swinley Drive being predominantly social housing..... you’ll get a better class of thug at the Moonies or Deers leap.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 2, 2018, 19:36:26 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 19:35:08 »

That’s a myth. I haven’t been in there yet.

And it’s my nearest pub but not my ‘local’.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 20:04:15 »

Sadly the Edge is my local by default, well since the Foresters became a trendy Italian eatery. The staff are playing down the trouble the other day and praising the insurance Co. for replacing the broken TV the following day after they saw it on the ITV news (yeah right they did), I could have put money in there being trouble as there will be tomorrow, the place has form for this type of behaviour. Also it is worth noting that the brewery Greene King have reclassified the Edge a being a drinking pub with food and the Brookhouse being a food pub with drink. Furthermore the staff are blaming recent trouble on a mixture of the Edge being cheaper than the the Tawny and Blunsdon Arms for attracting the ‘here we go, here we go’ type of patron coupled with the new housing estate at the top of Swinley Drive being predominantly social housing..... you’ll get a better class of thug at the Moonies or Deers leap.

Yeah, there were scraps during and after the panama game - I’m sure there’ll be more security tomorrow (whether they’ll do anything is another matter) but can easily see it getting ugly if we lose

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 21:25:46 »

The Whitehouse

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 21:27:02 »

Dislike watching in pubs unless abroad...too many day triper fans taking bollocks (in addition to the educated bollocks that I talk).

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 22:45:49 »

the Edge is my local, the place has form for this type of behaviour and attracting the ‘here we go, here we go’ type of patron
LL, the archetypal "had his passport confiscated so had to stay at home and chuck gas cannisters at the big screen in the pub" hoolie. It's people like you who drag our game down Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 05:59:54 »

Quote from: THE FLASH
Dislike watching in pubs unless abroad...too many day triper fans taking bollocks (in addition to the educated bollocks that I talk).

there's always one agro bloke who talks like he's going to tear up the pub because England gave away a corner/throw in/free kick/didn't score from 50 yards. Always.

Never seen one of them in any actual fight, but tend to gravitate away from them anyway
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 07:54:22 »

Yeah, there were scraps during and after the panama game - I’m sure there’ll be more security tomorrow (whether they’ll do anything is another matter) but can easily see it getting ugly if we lose

What the fuck did they find to fight about whilst we were trouncing a shit panama team, boredom??

Then again Boyzone played at the Racecourse in the next village last Friday night and their was a massive dust up at that, police called the lot!

Nowt as queer as folk!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 08:33:07 »

People are arseholes shocker!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: