Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seasons opener  (Read 11445 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 19:40:37 »

Ok with fixtures being released tomorrow, who do you we want first up? Mansfield for me - home preferably.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 19:55:15 »

Anyone, either at home or away.  Honestly doesn't really bother me.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 20:06:01 »

We have 46 fixtures. Absolutely none of them excite me. I'll still go all home games and a couple away but really don't give much of a shit which way they fall.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 20:18:57 »

Do we know the date of the first game? I'm away first 3 weeks of august so hopefully no southern games away first up.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 20:44:12 »

Do we know the date of the first game? I'm away first 3 weeks of august so hopefully no southern games away first up.

August 4th

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 20:57:46 »

Cheers. Yes I'll miss the first 3 or 4 (and probably the following 42/43 Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 23:41:36 »

We have 46 fixtures. Absolutely none of them excite me. I'll still go all home games and a couple away but really don't give much of a shit which way they fall.

The last time we had a second season in Div 4 was 83/84. Then, as now it was difficult to get too excited about the fixtures, despite having Reading and the newly formed Bristol club with us in the bottom tier. Still there was some excitement to be had, as I'm sure there will be this coming season.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 06:44:57 »

The last time we had a second season in Div 4 was 83/84. Then, as now it was difficult to get too excited about the fixtures, despite having Reading and the newly formed Bristol club with us in the bottom tier. Still there was some excitement to be had, as I'm sure there will be this coming season.

Agree. The responses sum up the general apathy that surrounds our club at the moment. Everyone needs a lift and  this season is crucial in that respect otherwise a section of the fan base will be lost forever - much like a significant proportion of the TEF, who appear not to attend games anymore and those that do largely do so out of duty/habit rather than desire.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 06:53:16 »

I go out of expectation
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 06:57:57 »

Agree. The responses sum up the general apathy that surrounds our club at the moment. Everyone needs a lift and  this season is crucial in that respect otherwise a section of the fan base will be lost forever - much like a significant proportion of the TEF, who appear not to attend games anymore and those that do largely do so out of duty/habit rather than desire.

People don't give a shit what game we start with. What does it matter?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 07:21:55 »

I must say that it's one of the least appetising Fixture Release Days I've experienced.

The fact that I've read people state that they will be checking for the Mansfield dates says a lot.

I predict that the list will look wholly winnable and yet we'll still manage to labour our way through the winter months.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 07:42:28 »

I've never seen the excitement myself. We already know which league we're in and which teams we're playing, to find out in which particular order does nothing for me whatsoever.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 07:46:51 »

I go out of expectation
I go out of habit and the hope that things will get better. I expect the football to be better this season but until we know the squad have no idea how the season will pan out.
I think you appreciate the good times more having been through the crap and the past two seasons have been the pits. Anyone who has switched off in this time, I don't blame them.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 07:59:05 »

Home to Macclesfield.

Oh joy
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 07:59:24 »

Oh dear
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up