Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seasons opener  (Read 11446 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 09:57:37 »

Cheltnum away is one I'd like to win.... can't decide whether being the last away game is good or bad.... Hmmm

on the one hand, it delays the usual inevitable pain, on the other where would you least want to go if something important hinged on a squeaky bum time game?

If they have to form a guard of honour for our lot, then I'd happily take a 3-0 defeat there.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 10:02:51 »

If they have to form a guard of honour for our lot, then I'd happily take a 3-0 defeat there.  Smiley

Smiley

I'd like the guard of honour and a 3-0 win...
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 10:10:23 »

Forest Green away on 25th August might appeal to some of the cyclists amongst you. A nice bike ride across North Wilts, Tetbury, Avening and into Nailsworth. Maybe back via Cirencester or the Water Parks

Sent from my HTC U11
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 10:34:35 »

Forest Green away on 25th August might appeal to some of the cyclists amongst you. A nice bike ride across North Wilts, Tetbury, Avening and into Nailsworth. Maybe back via Cirencester or the Water Parks

Sent from my HTC U11

I used to have friends in Horsley.... it is a pleasant pedal, but some big old hills at the end. I used to go Ashton Keynes, Kemble, Tarlton, Cherington, Avening.  Getting out of Swindon was much easier then.
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 11:05:28 »

This is why it’s crucial we start well and get points on the board. I wouldn’t want us needing 3 points at Cheltenham to guarantee our football league status.  Wink

You forgot to mention the tories/Thatcher.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 11:20:12 »

You forgot to mention the tories/Thatcher.

Of course, Cheltnum will always be a stain on the Tories reputation, when Thatcher ordered that Trade Unionism in GCHQ could not be tolerated as rank and file members were "the enemy within"  A number of workers were then dismissed for nothing more than exercising a right that their forebears had fought for.

Civilised behaviour was restored along with some workers, who were minded to return after up to 13 years of appeals etc, when Labour came to power in 97.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 11:26:58 »

I used to have friends in Horsley.... it is a pleasant pedal, but some big old hills at the end. I used to go Ashton Keynes, Kemble, Tarlton, Cherington, Avening.  Getting out of Swindon was much easier then.
You could go Lydiard, Purton, down Pavenhill to Braydon Ponds, Charlton and Long Newnton and then cross the border into Mercia at the Fosseway.

Sent from my HTC U11
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 11:39:23 »

You could go Lydiard, Purton, down Pavenhill to Braydon Ponds, Charlton and Long Newnton and then cross the border into Mercia at the Fosseway.

Sent from my HTC U11

I could, but given my current cycling fitness, lack the motivation.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 19:07:04 »

Agree. The responses sum up the general apathy that surrounds our club at the moment. Everyone needs a lift and  this season is crucial in that respect otherwise a section of the fan base will be lost forever - much like a significant proportion of the TEF, who appear not to attend games anymore and those that do largely do so out of duty/habit rather than desire.
I go because I like to follow my home town team. I'm grown-up/mature/stupid enough to accept defeats, awful performances, poor atmosphere, shit refs, knob fans, ignorant stewards etc etc etc. I don't care who we play or when we play them. It's never so painful to make me stop going. And it all helps to make the increasingly rare highs so much higher.
akay69

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 19:45:04 »

Does anyone know how long loyalty points last for? do they reset at the start of a new season or last forever?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 19:51:43 »

Of course, Cheltnum will always be a stain on the Tories reputation, when Thatcher ordered that Trade Unionism in GCHQ could not be tolerated as rank and file members were "the enemy within"  A number of workers were then dismissed for nothing more than exercising a right that their forebears had fought for.

Civilised behaviour was restored along with some workers, who were minded to return after up to 13 years of appeals etc, when Labour came to power in 97.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 22, 2018, 09:06:12 »

Of course, Cheltnum will always be a stain on the Tories reputation,

I assumed you meant the fuss when they selected John Taylor as candidate to show that they weren't racist and the local reaction was all rather racist.....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 30, 2018, 15:17:10 »

Got my tickets for Maccy today. Lincoln tickets on sale tomorrow.

If I pay full price for a couple of home games does the ST price drop?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 30, 2018, 15:26:37 »

If I pay full price for a couple of home games does the ST price drop?

Sorry, but

You are forgetting our illustrious leader charged us full price to attend a rearranged game that got abandoned mid play
scillyred

« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 30, 2018, 20:55:05 »

I am going - my last game was Di Canio's final game in 2013 v Hartlepool & before that the Chesterfield Wembley debacle.
I am looking forward to being entertained...............................................
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: