Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200705 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 07:50:02 »

Another top class striker and a holding midfield player is what England are missing to just make that difference. Credit where it's due, they are so much more refreshing to see.
A fit Charlie Austin and Jack Wilshire :-)
Panda Paws

« Reply #1291 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 08:17:57 »

Haven't read the thread so apols if I'm repeating.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain would have started ahead of Alli, and will do moving forward, which plugs the biggest weakness in this shape.

We are desperate for a second all-round striker though.

All in all, a tight game. They deserved to edge it, but we had the chances in the first half to put it to bed.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 08:41:16 by Panda Paws » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 08:22:25 »

What about Adam Lallana when fit? Would he fit in?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 08:34:10 »

Modric "Croatia motivated by lack of respect from English press". We just can't help ourselves

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 08:48:21 »

Perhaps they read something at half time?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:04:34 »

To echo whats been said we need someone creative in midfield who can actually create a chance and a second striking option, we also need to speak to Klopp and understand how he can train Liverpool to press and harry for 90 mins as once again we looked fucked after a little more than an hour last night. I still think it will help that some of the players coming through at lower levels are getting some experience of playing abroad. Sterling played OK last night within his limitations, its all very well saying that he stretches teams (which he does) but if we had a player with his pace and a footballing brain who could create end product either in terms of creating a chance of being able to finish it would be 100x better.

Not sure why people are getting themselves into such a lather about Welsh people not supporting England, why should they, just had the pleasure of a conversation with someone who spend the entire year saying what a Scottish wanker Andy Murray is and then moans that the Scots don't support us. Plus it really something to crow about that we are a little bit better than a country than cannot even muster an entirely professional league.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1296 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:04:54 »

Disappointed but not surprised, too many England fans thought it would be a walk in the park last night.

1st half we looked well in control and should have put the game beyond Croatia, 2nd half we let the nerves get to us and thats what cost us, too many off performances, Young and Trippier (despite his great goal) had their worst games of the tournament, I thought Sterling looked pretty good most of the game, Kane wasn't at the races and I am still not convinced by Alli and Lingard.

Still I enjoyed the run to get to the semis, well done England and very well done Gareth.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the similarity between Sterling and Anderson for us, great running with pace on breakaways but his final ball/shot isn't quite as good as it could be most of the time.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:06:25 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:06:42 »

Modric "Croatia motivated by lack of respect from English press". We just can't help ourselves

I think the problem is that as a nation we are shite at other languages and thus have no idea what the foreign media are writing about us, however a lot of people abroad speak passable English and thus the jingoistic shite our media spouts (only writing what their readership want to read) gets circulated wider and picked up upon, we just don't seem to get that.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:11:08 »

Welsh in my local were fucking pathetic tonight. Cheering Croatia as if they were in the competition themselves, then singing you're going home to a bunch of England fans. I put em right.

So the Welsh, when in Wales, are supposed to support England, I bet that fucking told them?

And we wonder why people have an impression of the English as being arrogant colonial twats?  Hmmm
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:13:03 »

Disappointed but not surprised, too many England fans thought it would be a walk in the park last night.

1st half we looked well in control and should have put the game beyond Croatia, 2nd half we let the nerves get to us and thats what cost us, too many off performances, Young and Trippier (despite his great goal) had their worst games of the tournament, I thought Sterling looked pretty good most of the game, Kane wasn't at the races and I am still not convinced by Alli and Lingard.

Still I enjoyed the run to get to the semis, well done England and very well done Gareth.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the similarity between Sterling and Anderson for us, great running with pace on breakaways but his final ball/shot isn't quite as good as it could be most of the time.

Pretty much all dat! The one positive is that bar Sweden a lot of our players singularly didn't actually have that great a tournament which bodes well for the future if they continue to develop  both singularly and as a team.

At least us miserable twats who tolerate it week in week out can have football back now!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:13:30 »

I don't think anyone is expecting support Horlock, it's the "anybody but England" attitude that's a bit tiresome.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1301 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:18:07 »

At least us miserable twats who tolerate it week in week out can have football back now!
Very much this! fed up with a lot of my friends and family who have less than 1% interest in football keep saying, we will win it, its coming home!

God that wore thin weeks ago.

Thanks for the fun but now the real football starts and thats very rarely fun.

I don't think anyone is expecting support Horlock, it's the "anybody but England" attitude that's a bit tiresome.
Yes the Jocks and Taffs have had a field day with this and that wore thin before the tournament began.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:27:07 »

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 09:29:23 »

still don't care about ABE. In fact I prefer it to a 'home nations' love in
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:12:40 »

It's posts like these that highlight how bothered some of you are about the Welsh. You wouldn't feel the need to respond
if it didn't touch a nerve.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: