Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200696 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:26:30 »

Didn't make a difference for your lot  Wink
Credit to a little country who have done well against countries with bigger populations than England, Wales should take note, can't see them ever achieving what Croatia have mind. Think you'll always be in the ROI/Scotland league Cheesy
Clap I didn't expect to get a bite this easily hahahaha!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:28:10 »

But I'm serious
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:28:58 »

Roy Keane is a wanker Bye

I thought he'd gone grey   Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:31:14 »

Quote from: Ells
Welsh in my local were fucking pathetic tonight. Cheering Croatia as if they were in the competition themselves, then singing you're going home to a bunch of England fans. I put em right.

I don't mind that. I hate home nations love ins. it's great that Wales haven't gone to a world cup since 1958, not win a rugby union final since.. actually Google seems to have sensored that
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:33:57 »

Welsh in my local were fucking pathetic tonight. Cheering Croatia as if they were in the competition themselves, then singing you're going home to a bunch of England fans. I put em right.

Only to be expected but ‘well done’ though for standing up to them.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:37:18 »

Even Bristol City have won a Welsh Cup. Embarrassing really
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:37:39 »

Until, our ‘elite’ players get some experience playing their club football abroad it’s always going to be this way.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:41:51 »

But I'm serious
& I am. The first decent side you've been drawn against have turned you over despite being awful in the first half. If u'd been in the other half of the draw you'd have been found out 2 games ago & Southgate wouldn't have become a national treasure. Ultimately you choked when the pressure cranked up, just as we did against Portugal two years ago (although we were without Ramsey & Ben Davies on the day (probably the equivalent of u lot being without Maguire & Dele Alli - if he'd turned up).

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:48:07 »

Wouldn't say choked, just not quite good enough.

We'll see how strong the two halfs were when France take on Croatia.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 21:53:49 »

You don't know that for sure though, easy to be critical , perhaps Wales will surprise us one day and fall under the microscope of being in a competition. Doubt I'll be around to pass comment.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 22:03:11 »

You don't know that for sure though, easy to be critical , perhaps Wales will surprise us one day and fall under the microscope of being in a competition. Doubt I'll be around to pass comment.
We did, two years ago. I think we went further than you. It's good to see little old Wales can still stoke the fire in you. #noisyneighbours

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 22:04:15 »

Not really.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1257 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 22:04:39 »

& I am. The first decent side you've been drawn against have turned you over despite being awful in the first half. If u'd been in the other half of the draw you'd have been found out 2 games ago & Southgate wouldn't have become a national treasure. Ultimately you choked when the pressure cranked up, just as we did against Portugal two years ago (although we were without Ramsey & Ben Davies on the day (probably the equivalent of u lot being without Maguire & Dele Alli - if he'd turned up).
I think Colombia were decent and look who Sweden took out. At the end of the day we lost to a far better team. They had better players and got it together after we gave them a good going over in the first 45. They then fucking battered us for 45. We didn't create enough but still took then into extra time.
 Today is a day to enjoy how far we've come. Tomorrow we can look at how far we're still away from top drawer.
I'm hoping that cunt Rooney is looking at this and seeing what a team can do over a collection of individuals.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 22:08:29 »

let's talk about Wales then

1 euro championship finals 2016 (exceptional to get to semi)
1 world cup finals 1958
0 rugby world cup wins

it's not exactly a glowing list of achievements. and the opposite of noisy
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 22:09:29 »

Wouldn't say choked, just not quite good enough.

We'll see how strong the two halfs were when France take on Croatia.
On a serious note, England were excellent in the 1st half. Didn't allow Modric to dictate play & if Kane had taken one of his two chances you'd probably have gone on & won. But that's the difference at the highest level. Columbia & Sweden offered nothing but Croatia upped the ante in the 2nd half. Perisic was superb, Mandzukic was clinical & Stones switched off at the crucial moment. You never really looked like scoring once you went behind & as I've already alluded to I think you came up short against the first decent outfit you came up against.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: