Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200716 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1155 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 08:31:02 »

Le Hesqui
Le Norris

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 08:32:02 »

I have finally achieved full carried away today, and am sat at work in a waistcoat and tie. I haven't quite managed the prosthetic nose.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:03:19 »

France do have a weakness Griezmann and Giroud have been shite all tournament

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:28:43 »

They did alright in ‘98 without a striker
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1159 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:28:49 »

France do have a weakness Griezmann and Giroud have been shite all tournament
I thought Lucas Hernández looked really poor when Belgium were running at him all game yesterday, something Trippier will revel in if we get to the final, I also thought Hugo Lloris was rubbish dealing with crosses, constantly punching them, often with no distance to the punches, again that would suit us.

BUT there is a little matter of beating Croatia tonight who are no mugs having knocked out Angentina along the way and only conceding 4 goals in their 5 games so far and scoring 10.

They will be hard to break down and play as a team for each other, they play with a lone big striker (Mandžukić) which could suit our back 3, they defend as a unit with a lot of experience throughout the team, they will be hard to break down and can be quite rough tacklers too at times, although not as bad as Colombia!

Its going to be a very tough game but if we play as a unit like we did vs Sweden and get at them then who knows.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:33:05 »

France were good tactically. Belgium had no plan B - they will never win anything like that

Starting Fellaini basically fucked up their plan B as bringing him on seems to be their only plan B.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1161 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:35:51 »

I don't like the way that many England fans (not the more educated like what we is Wink ) are assuming we will easily beat Croatia tonight. The press are especially guilty of this mass over hyping, as they often are.

Thats fucking dangerous territory to think that way pre game.

Lets take it one game at a time.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:46:36 »

Agreed PV.Hate all this shit we're basically falling into the old ways forgetting that the ditching of that mindset is one of the main reasons we've done so well

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:47:42 »

Would you take a chance and book flights/tickets for the Final before tonight’s game?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:50:04 »

No.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:50:35 »

I’m getting twitchy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 09:54:58 »

I don't like the way that many England fans (not the more educated like what we is Wink ) are assuming we will easily beat Croatia tonight. The press are especially guilty of this mass over hyping, as they often are.

Thats fucking dangerous territory to think that way pre game.

Lets take it one game at a time.

Thing is most of these were the same people who said they didn't care about the national side a while back.  We could have a debate on here as to why 4 years ago the viewing figures for Bake Off, were twice that of an England game on the box.

Here's an old post from that debate by Baggins....  of course not 100% accurate, but a pretty good shot at viewing the then future.

"I didn't think it was that bad, although I agree about Rooney.  I thought it looked like a bunch of promising young players, not world beaters, that were crying out for a couple of top class players to show them the way - which is what we are lacking.  Our young players are going to have to learn without that guidance, because we have nobody like that.

I also thought we had a much better shape when we went to the diamond, with Sterling at the front.  He is wasted out wide - he makes things happen through the middle.  With him in behind Sturridge and Welbeck we look dangerous.  Henderson at the back of the diamond will grow in to the role - there is a good player there.  If we can create a couple of good players to play on either side of that diamond from Wilshere, O-C, Delph, Colback, or AN Other, then that will help.  Defensively - we are terrible.  Hopefully Chambers and Stones will help, but if our future defence is built on Phil Jones, Gary Cahill and Chris Smalling, then we are in trouble.

And yes - I am obviously one of those who do still care about the national team.  As you all would, if we were good and won a world cup."
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:19:04 »

BUT there is a little matter of beating Croatia tonight who are no mugs having knocked out Angentina along the way and only conceding 4 goals in their 5 games so far and scoring 10.

France knocked out the Argies.

Croatia got taken to Pens by Denmark and Russia... We've got this.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1168 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:25:50 »

France knocked out the Argies.

Croatia got taken to Pens by Denmark and Russia... We've got this.
I typed what my brain was thinking it meant to say beat the Argies, and actually beat them heavily.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:26:27 »

Agreed PV.Hate all this shit we're basically falling into the old ways forgetting that the ditching of that mindset is one of the main reasons we've done so well
tbf, it matters not a jot what the mindset of the fans is. It's the mindset of the team that has helped them do well and I'm pretty confident they'll maintain that.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: