Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200691 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 07:53:51 »

Colombian fans all over Twitter think they were robbed and the ref was our 12th man. It's quite bizarre.

They were lucky to not have one or two sent off so don't see what they are complaining about.
Flashheart

« Reply #931 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 07:54:57 »

They were dirty fuckers.

And how colombian fans can say the ref was on our side is beyond me. Have they forgotten their guy heabutting one of ours yet not getting a red?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #932 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 08:11:11 »

Well what a night, the game was average at best, we didn't create enough through open play and our corners were very poor, a few mistakes at the back nearly cost us dearly.

They did not deserve the draw, they were cynical, dirty and made few attempts not to kick us, the headbutt was a red card no question, the ref didn't get a grip all game.

Justice was served with the penalties, I am still shocked we had never won one at the WC before and so glad we won, it didn't look good when Henderson missed.

I enjoyed it although I am not sure my old ticker will take any more like that!

There is now a great path to the final and it isn't beyond us but lets take it one game at a time!

Sterling I thought had his best game in a while but how Alli still plays is beyond me, Loftus-Cheek is a better option IMO.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 08:12:51 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #933 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 08:18:30 »

Flashheart

« Reply #934 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 08:18:58 »

Sterling I thought had his best game in a while

Frustrating in the first half but I thought he did OK in the 2nd once he stopped running into dead ends.
Panda Paws

« Reply #935 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 08:49:07 »

Just going to leave this here:

https://twitter.com/abdullah_gh/status/1014244808381038592?s=12

We didn't play "well" because we were playing knockout football against a decent side who culturally will do anything and everything to cheat and con their way to victory, like most SA sides.

To come through that was massive. That was a 50/50 game.

Lingard, Alli will be much better suited to playing against Sweden. I'd have had RLC in there last night, and Vardy not Sterling but it doesn't matter.

If we attack the Swedes with pace and intensity, we'll be big big favourites.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 10:16:08 by Panda Paws » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 09:27:58 »

Going to be a brutal game to watch Saturday, they are so solid at the back with little going forward.  It will be us just trying to break them down to get that first goal.

For the first time since ‘96 i now feel there is a chance, albeit quite small, we could win a major tournament. I never expected to have feeling again in my lifetime, well done Gareth.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 09:43:43 »

The bizarre thing is that Colombia could have possibly beaten us at football but instead decided to try and kick us out the game, funny old approach.

Positive thing is that we have got this far with a few players not playing anywhere near how well they can play, so things could get even better?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 09:50:12 »

The bizarre thing is that Colombia could have possibly beaten us at football but instead decided to try and kick us out the game, funny old approach.

Positive thing is that we have got this far with a few players not playing anywhere near how well they can play, so things could get even better?

It did play into our hands somewhat.... come what may on Saturday, a last 8 finish and winning a pen shoot out, with a young side is a decent achievement.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 10:18:13 »

Should have been a red but Henderson got a cheeky little butt in later on.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #940 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 11:11:19 »

Its....

blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 11:42:06 »

I cant believe that more hasnt been made of the blatant attempts by Columbia to scuff up the penalty spot before Kane took his penalty during the game. You cant blame the ref at the time, as he had 10 players surrounding him shouting in his face, but surely the 4th official/VAR refs must have noticed it ? If that isnt unsportsman-like conduct worthy of a yellow card, I dont know what is. Having said that though, I also cant believe more yellows werent dished out for the abuse of the ref. One of the worst examples of that I've seen for a long time, probably since Alex Ferguson retired  Girl Giggle
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 11:46:44 »

I cant believe that more hasnt been made of the blatant attempts by Columbia to scuff up the penalty spot before Kane took his penalty during the game. You cant blame the ref at the time, as he had 10 players surrounding him shouting in his face, but surely the 4th official/VAR refs must have noticed it ? If that isnt unsportsman-like conduct worthy of a yellow card, I dont know what is. Having said that though, I also cant believe more yellows werent dished out for the abuse of the ref. One of the worst examples of that I've seen for a long time, probably since Alex Ferguson retired  Girl Giggle
Agreed that shit needs to be stamped out across the board. Colombia were horrible horrible bastards who got what they deserved...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #943 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 11:47:41 »

Agreed that shit needs to be stamped out across the board. Colombia were horrible horrible bastards who got what they deserved...
Exactly.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 13:35:32 »

I thought England were ok yesterday no more.

Did well to stand up to the provocation but honestly lacking in creativity, and that is throughout the tournament.  The goals have come from pens or set pieces.

When Colombia decide to try and play in last 10 mins of normal time and 1st half of ET they could have put England away .....

If England don't score in first 20 mins of Sweden game expect ET and Pens again ....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 13:37:41 by fittons_coaching_badge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: