Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200678 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:22:11 »

Ah, Trump. Let’s thousands out of the country subsidised and then doesn’t let them back in.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:29:24 »

Its been weird, when you consider that there have been so few England supporters (where the average monthly wage is $3531 a month) yet there are tens of thousands of Peruvians and Colombians (where the average monthly wage is $526 and 496 a month respectively) its not like Russia has large ex pat communities of either and its a bloody long way away.

It is odd the amount from South America. I'm pretty sure there won't be nearly as many making the return journey... There were almost 7000 England fans officially at the Belgium game, and probably half as many again unofficial, so not too bad a turnout.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:32:18 »

A lot of the South American fans won’t be resident in their country. Can’t see many Brazil fans looking like they’ve come out of a favela
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:55:35 »

As I suspected - So he wouldn't know whether it was lacklustre or not...unless he *gasp* copied and pasted  Huh?
Yes indeed - well remembered, my bad. The point stands though, no one who was actually there at the time I believe would have described England's effort as 'lacklustre'.

I haven't copied and pasted anything! Just because I wasn't born doesn't mean I haven't watched any matches before I was born, read anything or listened to others that have spoken about it. People like you are ones that says "oh you wouldn't know anything about that music, you wasn't born then" Fuck off.

Maybe "lacklustre" was the wrong choice of word but it was fucking 1am when I posted it.

Yes we played ok, but my main point on that World Cup was that England were happy to be back with shoots of a team in the making (see '86). No one other than an England fan will likely know that we were unbeaten but didn't make it through. They'd have been more dazzled by a Brazil side that were good enough to win it.

What the fuck is wrong with researching some bits that escaped me, or didn't know? Like I didn't realise Hoddle had Jazz playing in the background as he told his player, individually if they'd made the cut  Soapy Tit Wank I understood detail of the 1970 debacle because I'd read "Moore on Mexico" when I was 10. It was my Dad's. Similarly the books "All Played Out" and "The Toughest Job In Football.

Cunt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:06:06 »

I haven't copied and pasted anything! Just because I wasn't born doesn't mean I haven't watched any matches before I was born, read anything or listened to others that have spoken about it. People like you are ones that says "oh you wouldn't know anything about that music, you wasn't born then" Fuck off.

Maybe "lacklustre" was the wrong choice of word but it was fucking 1am when I posted it.

Yes we played ok, but my main point on that World Cup was that England were happy to be back with shoots of a team in the making (see '86). No one other than an England fan will likely know that we were unbeaten but didn't make it through. They'd have been more dazzled by a Brazil side that were good enough to win it.

What the fuck is wrong with researching some bits that escaped me, or didn't know? Like I didn't realise Hoddle had Jazz playing in the background as he told his player, individually if they'd made the cut  Soapy Tit Wank I understood detail of the 1970 debacle because I'd read "Moore on Mexico" when I was 10. It was my Dad's. Similarly the books "All Played Out" and "The Toughest Job In Football.

Cunt.

I guess the converse is people who say they shouldn't know stuff because it happened before they were born.  Happens a lot in quizzes and pub conversations about music.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:10:18 »

Fucking  wanker Neymar again,  that'll give the media something to wank about - simple tap in, I could have done that !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:22:50 »

Willian is MOM so far for me.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:23:41 »

Cunt.
I am indeed...finally, after thousands of words of waffle you have hit the nail on the head Cool
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:23:58 »

Fucking  wanker Neymar again,  that'll give the media something to wank about - simple tap in, I could have done that !.

It all started when he was "Poster Boy" of his countries said World Cup. He was shite in that yet this has continued since, comments of "What can Neymar do", "The prowess of Neymar", "The genius that is Neymar". He hasn't lived up or managed his own hype but the ego is still as high as Cristiano Ronaldo's.

He's a little cheating cunt. Period.

'Incessant Nonsense'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:24:13 »

My God! Neymar’s been electrocuted
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:27:50 »

I am indeed...finally, after thousands of words of waffle you have hit the nail on the head Cool

Kind of missed the point I was investigating RE: England failure associated with drama/things beyond the teams control. 1982 wasn't one of those tournaments we could claim that. We were ok bt there was no drama. We went out because we weren't good enough.

That's ok, I like to waffle and at least I take the time to give a proper response. Even to cunts. Good day to you Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:29:30 »

My God! Neymar’s been electrocuted

..and then Mark Clattenburg proclaims it should've been a Red for violent conduct! He'd been alright up to that point. Neymar was just trying to ruin the match and give Mexico no chance. I hope Mexico score in injury time. The irony.

'Incessant Nonsense'

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:30:57 »

Kind of missed the point I was investigating RE: England failure associated with drama/things beyond the teams control. 1982 wasn't one of those tournaments we could claim that. We were ok bt there was no drama. We went out because we weren't good enough.

That's ok, I like to waffle and at least I take the time to give a proper response. Even to cunts. Good day to you Pint
Cool and  Pint to you too...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:32:49 »

I made less fuss when my shoulder got smashed/dislocated
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 15:35:47 »