Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 201821 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #735 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 10:39:24 »

78 was the first one I remember really. The final constantly being replayed on the subbuteo pitch, with Luque, and Rep always scoring.. 82 we were pretty decent. But I'd moved from Subbuteo to lager and half cut young ladies by then, so the memories arent quite so lucid.
I am the same, loved 78 as a 12 year old but 82 was a good WC with some amazing players like Eder of Brazil, although my favourite goal probably of all time was Arie Haan vs Italy and beating Dino Zoff from around 40 yards out.

I missed the 1970 Brazil WC but the 1982 team of Socrates, Eder, Zico, Falcao, Junior, Oscar and Leandro were a joy to watch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 10:39:45 »

78 was the first one I remember really. The final constantly being replayed on the subbuteo pitch, with Luque, and Rep always scoring.. 82 we were pretty decent. But I'd moved from Subbuteo to lager and half cut young ladies by then, so the memories arent quite so lucid.
'74 was the first one I actually remember i.e I had a wall chart and everything and understood what was going on. 16 teams, 4 groups of 4...how times change. It meant so much to me then but I don't really give a shit these days. I've had the games on but just in the background really - I've not watched any of them properly (apart from England v Panama I suppose)...bit sad but that's life...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 10:41:11 »

I am the same, loved 78 as a 12 year old but 82 was a good WC with some amazing players like Eder of Brazil, although my favourite goal probably of all time was Arie Haan vs Italy and beating Dino Zoff from around 40 yards out.

I missed the 1970 Brazil WC but the 1982 team of Socrates, Eder, Zico, Falcao, Junior, Oscar and Leandro were a joy to watch.
The Holland team of 74 and 78 are my favourite ever international team. Should have won it both times.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 11:55:57 »

I was talking to a mate the other day and its also just been mentioned on talk sport.

I dont seem to recall seeing any reports of any violence or hooliganism so for this world cup. Is this a genuine representation of the wold cup, or has there been a media blackout, like some have suggested?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 12:00:37 »

I was talking to a mate the other day and its also just been mentioned on talk sport.

I dont seem to recall seeing any reports of any violence or hooliganism so for this world cup. Is this a genuine representation of the wold cup, or has there been a media blackout, like some have suggested?

Or maybe the “lads” that would normally go to show Johnny Foreigner just how superior we are have decided to give it a miss after being chased all round France (well Marseille) by their Russian equivalent a couple of summers back and left it to those that just want a few beers & some football
REDBUCK

« Reply #740 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 12:30:38 »

As I suspected - So he wouldn't know whether it was lacklustre or not...unless he *gasp* copied and pasted  Huh?
Yes indeed - well remembered, my bad. The point stands though, no one who was actually there at the time I believe would have described England's effort as 'lacklustre'.

True and that was without Keegan and Brooking who were injured and only appeared in the last game.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 12:46:40 »

The

The FSB spoke to the various hooligan gangs and told them to keep away during the World Cup to avoid vetting bad press
Flashheart

« Reply #742 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 12:49:23 »

I expect Vlad would not want people shitting on his doorstep, so to speak. What Vlad says, goes.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 13:04:09 »

I expect more England fans to turn up for tomorrows game, but there'll still be more Colombians.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #744 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 13:07:42 »

As I suspected - So he wouldn't know whether it was lacklustre or not...unless he *gasp* copied and pasted  Huh?
Yes indeed - well remembered, my bad. The point stands though, no one who was actually there at the time I believe would have described England's effort as 'lacklustre'.

I was born at the end of 1982 and the first one I was properly into/can remember was Euro96.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 13:38:50 »

I expect more England fans to turn up for tomorrows game, but there'll still be more Colombians.

Its been weird, when you consider that there have been so few England supporters (where the average monthly wage is $3531 a month) yet there are tens of thousands of Peruvians and Colombians (where the average monthly wage is $526 and 496 a month respectively) its not like Russia has large ex pat communities of either and its a bloody long way away.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 13:48:00 »

I'm guessing a lot are US based supporters.

It was always good when England would take 100k supporters to France, Germany etc. Even took the most to Japan/ South Korea after Brazil.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:16:56 »

Neymar cried as yet?

I come from a land down-under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:20:02 »

Proper game this. Fast, direct running. Complete opposite of the turgid crap on show yesterday.  Mexico look very lively.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 14:20:49 »

I'm guessing a lot are US based supporters.

Probably subsidised travel, as thank you from Trump to Putin for his election and fixing Brexit....
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: