Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200702 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 20:09:30 »

Enjoyed the referee clearly deciding before the game that the best way to deal with both teams being shitehawks of the highest order was to give nothing whatsoever for the entire 90 minutes and then giving Ronaldo a yellow for not all that much comparatively (especially considering Quaresma very nearly lamped him in the same incident). Quality stuff.

To be honest, I've seen two teams today that I think would tie England in a bag and drown them. Good thing that we're on the other side of the draw...

I saw one that may...they qualified. The other has been fairly disorganised, one man team devoid of real ideas and holding onto their success of two years ago. To coin a phrase, Portugal were shit.

Uruguay weren't World beaters though. However they were organised. They were also very good at going to ground. Often. Suarez appears to have left his biting set of teeth on his bedside table.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 20:14:17 »

To be honest, I've seen two teams today that I think would tie England in a bag and drown them. Good thing that we're on the other side of the draw...

Uruguay played with a passion and commitment that our lot just can't get near managing.  If Gareth is right then having had a bit of a break may mean the A team will have a bit more energy than the usual limp KO displays. We'll certainly need it as Columbia are not too unlike Uruguay.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 20:20:16 »

But England are through to the last 14
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 20:31:10 »

But England are through to the last 14

There'll be a few more knocked out before us as well... we should make it to the last 9.  Phil Jones has lasted longer than Ronaldo and Messi.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 20:38:38 »

We're there on merit
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 21:52:39 »

Just need the Neymar wankathon to end and I'll be happy these so called World class players are no longer in the World Cup.

Are you saying you don’t think Messi and Ronaldo are world class?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 22:47:13 »

Are you saying you don’t think Messi and Ronaldo are world class?

I'm saying they have been built up more so by the media, in part thanks to their characters. Ronaldo has at least performed in Tournaments (however he wasn't in this match tonight) as has won something at International level. Messi hasn't. There is no doubting they are great individual players but as I say, Godin is easily the best CB in the World currently.

I feel that the Messi and Ronaldo era (and much of the Spanish team) is coming to an end. Not just because of age but it is a factor and with that becomes a reduction in the ability to keep on "pulling it out the bag".

Make no mistake, they have both been World Class but that title is starting to be fade somewhat and be questioned. Ronaldo I think has the ability to adapt but Messi has always been torn at international level. 

They both still ooze quality (one also likes to posture a lot too, which does nothing for the game...what's with the shorts thing in the last few years?), however it may be time for another duo to take centre stage. There are a few candidates knocking about.

'Incessant Nonsense'

adje

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 10:35:54 »

Wouldn't really be comfortable facing Sweden if we manage to beat Colombia.Physical well organised defensively sound,just the sort of team we struggle against.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 13:17:25 »

Wouldn't really be comfortable facing Sweden if we manage to beat Colombia.Physical well organised defensively sound,just the sort of team we struggle against.

To be honest at that point, any match is difficult no matter who you are. It's more about who wants it most (see Brazil v Germany last time). While the media are starting to ramp up France. It was an entertaining match bt they were very direct. I'd say one penalty was dubious. Di Maria scored the best goal of the match. I'd question the French defence if they had to score 4 to win. Means a technical team could frustrate them. This would be Uruguay but they will struggle a little more without the irritable Cavani. Suarez needs to grab that game by the....teeth?

'Incessant Nonsense'

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #669 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 14:21:05 »

If you put hierro in a white t shirt, black leather jacket and gave him a baseball bat with wire around it, he'd be a ringer for negan
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 14:32:27 »

Fuck watching Spain. Snore fest.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #671 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 14:36:33 »

Yep. Was just about to say the same. Yesterday's games are good,this is crap. It needs a Russian goal to make it interesting again.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #672 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 14:37:16 »

And just as I type that, penalty.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #673 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 14:39:16 »

And goal. The Spanish deserved that.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 14:45:45 »

If you put hierro in a white t shirt, black leather jacket and gave him a baseball bat with wire around it, he'd be a ringer for negan

Haha, a bit more growth on the beard and yeah, I see it. Hierro does tilt at the knee a lot too  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: