Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200824 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:41:18 »

You do realise all footage comes from a central source, right? BBC would have had exactly the same pictures.

Pics are the same all over the world.

My disappointment was the coverage of Argentina v Nigeria on BBC.  Nigeria hardly mentioned at all during the game by Jenas (who banged on about Messi all night) and at half time by Lineker and Co.
They did get a mention at FT as plucky losers.
Made my piss boil and I sent BBC an email complaint.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:42:39 »

It's not even just football, it seems the entire nation is massively menopausal ever since Diana died.

The peoples Princess....  Crying

Did anyone else notice the amount of times during the second half how many times they panned in on the Belgian supporters in the crowd ?,  it appears they were quite happy not showing the English contingent, there were odd occasions when they preferred to show them (the belgians) rather than the game.   I don't know anyone in Belgium and I certainly am not interested in watching them wallowing in the result.   Show England fans yes, but if all ITV want to do is glorify our defeat then they can fuck off.

Well if you don't know anyone in Belgium that reason enough for ITV not to show the fans, perhaps should not have shown the Belgian players at all?  Roll Eyes
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:50:18 »

Pics are the same all over the world.

My disappointment was the coverage of Argentina v Nigeria on BBC.  Nigeria hardly mentioned at all during the game by Jenas (who banged on about Messi all night) and at half time by Lineker and Co.
They did get a mention at FT as plucky losers.
Made my piss boil and I sent BBC an email complaint.

It's boring when the favoured few get constant praise.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 13:38:13 »

All the anti Russia bullshit following the Salisbury "incident" put a lot of English fans travelling.Turns out it was exactly that.
On last night's game totally with Southgate in resting some players but in my opinion our back 3 hardly needed a rest after the first 2 games and I just think they would have benefited from an extra game together as a unit.
But hey
Also I have a feeling the World Cup is "coming home"(To use a popular current phrase) to where it started off
« Last Edit: Friday, June 29, 2018, 13:40:19 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 13:41:18 »

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 14:24:23 »

All the anti Russia bullshit following the Salisbury "incident" put a lot of English fans travelling.Turns out it was exactly that.
On last night's game totally with Southgate in resting some players but in my opinion our back 3 hardly needed a rest after the first 2 games and I just think they would have benefited from an extra game together as a unit.
But hey
Also I have a feeling the World Cup is "coming home"(To use a popular current phrase) to where it started off

French ?

I worry about them, scraping through nicely and yet to implode into a fine display of Raymond Domenech style insousiance  Shrug

I'd prefer a nation that actually cares about football....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 14:26:52 »

French ?

I worry about them, scraping through nicely and yet to implode into a fine display of Raymond Domenech style insousiance  Shrug

I'd prefer a nation that actually cares about football....

Wasn't the first World Cup held in, and won by, Uruguay?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 14:29:34 »

Wasn't the first World Cup held in, and won by, Uruguay?

Yes, but Jules Rimet the daddy of the WC was French....
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 15:46:38 »

But hey

I was in the middle of that Marseille mess and I have to say it put me off. Was tempted by a trip to the game just over the Polish border but the prices were fucking stupid....so ...meh..

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 21:30:15 »

Agree completely - it turns out that our B team isn't quite as good as Belgium's B team. Woot. Apart from the bit about being surprised, that is, why are you so surprised at the massive overreaction? As a nation, we seem to have been entirely in thrall to the kind of mood swings a recovering alcoholic would be proud of for the past two decades.

Punch in the bollocks alert..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 21:30:45 »

Ace.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 21:34:15 »

Debatable if it actually exists, for most men they'll happily produce sperm into their 80's, for which I am grateful.

No such argument with women.... yes they can go a bit potty, but it's perfectly natural.

Huh?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 13:41:46 »

Looking forward to this one.

Had a flutter for interest. Griezmann and Messi to score, Otamendi and Mascherano to be carded.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 13:57:45 »

Allez Les Blues!!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #614 on: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 14:05:56 »

I'd like both teams to lose please.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: