Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200685 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 19:51:15 »

A master class in ineptitude..... you'd almost think we planned it that way Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 19:51:49 »

Utter dogshit. Anyone who says "all it proves is their 2nd team is better than our 2nd team" will get a punch in the bollocks when i see them. What it did prove was how many of that 11, aren't international class.
Flashheart

« Reply #557 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 19:52:32 »

Well, you can punch me in the bollocks, then.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 19:54:37 »

We've changed most of the team Ffs. As much as I would have dropped Sterling prior to tonight, the only change I'd make from the starting line up vs. Panama for the next game would be Rose for Young.
And they changed 9 and are coached by Roberto Martinez.... Woefully pedestrian and crap.....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 19:56:59 »

See Southgate has had some coaching in spouting dilusional bollocks to the media now!
Flashheart

« Reply #560 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:00:12 »

You can question Southgate's wisdom for his approach to today's game, but whether or not he will be vindicated is yet to be seen. As things stand, there are arguments for and against.

To try and draw any conclusions for today's game, though, would be nuts. It was not our first XI and they were clearly not 'that' up for it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:03:46 »

Utter dogshit. Anyone who says "all it proves is their 2nd team is better than our 2nd team" will get a punch in the bollocks when i see them. What it did prove was how many of that 11, aren't international class.

TBF, getting through the group stages was the minimum requirement.  We've managed that, anything else a bonus.  Very difficult to see us getting past Columbia, they've core of very streetwise performers
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:04:21 »

You can question Southgate's wisdom for his approach to today's game, but whether or not he will be vindicated is yet to be seen. As things stand, there are arguments for and against.

To try and draw any conclusions for today's game, though, would be nuts. It was not our first XI and they were clearly not 'that' up for it.

I dont buy that bollocks of not trying, to get an easier route to win it. We arent anywhere near good enough to play those games. You should try to win them all, not put out a side of talentless donkeys for a fistful of maybes. Fuck should never have watched as it pisses me off everytime.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:06:15 »

TBF, getting through the group stages was the minimum requirement.  We've managed that, anything else a bonus.  Very difficult to see us getting past Columbia, they've core of very streetwise performers

Yeah i do get that, but i've no grey. Only black and white. Win or go out in flames. We've got through but we wont do either option A or B, and never do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:08:22 »

I dont buy that bollocks of not trying, to get an easier route to win it. We arent anywhere near good enough to play those games. You should try to win them all, not put out a side of talentless donkeys for a fistful of maybes. Fuck should never have watched as it pisses me off everytime.

At least it's dampened expectations which were starting to rise unrealistically.
REDBUCK

« Reply #565 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:11:17 »

My main concern is the opposition being able to play in areas they should have been closed out of.

And in English
Flashheart

« Reply #566 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:14:39 »

We have a 1st team that is well rested, without picking up injuries or cards. There's arguments for and against. Imagine if Kane started and pulled a hamstring tonight, Southgate would be bombarded with criticism for playing him.

Like I said, whether or not Southgate is vindicated remains to be seen. Play poorly and lose against Columbia and he's going to be in for a shit ton of abuse. Win, though, and go through and win a 'perceived' easier round and he gets the plaudits.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:17:20 »

long ball, didn't close down players in key areas.

but frankly anyone who thinks we can't get to the semi finals is being overly negative. 50/50 games the next two for me.

also while Belgium were the better team we had a one on one and should have dawn level. fine margins.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:21:08 »

Southgate was right to do what he did this evening.

Colombia will be tough as heck (that's pretty tough).

We'll be lucky to get such a potentially kind route again.

England, Colombia, Sweden and Switzerland will all fancy their Semi-Final chances.

We will fuck it up. Eventually.

Still a billion times better than 4 years ago and all I wanted was progression from the group stages (we'd have never let that down).

Flashheart

« Reply #569 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:24:41 »

Still a billion times better than 4 years ago

Oh yes. This is the first time I've enjoyed a major tournament since... I dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: