Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200794 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #510 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 10:38:26 »

The Germans are known to not really give a fuck about us. It’s entirely one sided and I’d wager few Germans are even aware we think there’s a rivalry.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 10:40:31 »

Nope

You don't speak for the whole nation. The enjoyment is probably born out of the English obsession anyway.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:07:10 »

For anyone who hasn't seen it, John Barnes' World Cup rap is comedy gold:

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:19:58 »

Which is why we are making the most of it, might be another 80 years before Germany are this shit again.

Germany are the Man United of the world. Very good but had some help along the way. They didnt get away with it this time.

Clems Army!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #514 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 12:05:14 »

What a load of bollocks. My brother lives and works in a carpentry workshop just outside Frankfurt and he's been getting absolute pelters for years. He doesn't even really like football.

His colleagues have apparently been markedly quieter today, apart from the one who claimed that if England do well in this world cup it won't count because they didn't get to play Germany.

Suck it up Herman, you do care or you wouldn't be on here trying so hard to convince us you don't.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #515 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 12:15:51 »

From the Bild last week:

"There are few things in life you can rely on, spring following winter, Bayern winning the title, and England making fools of themselves at the World Cup. But there is something different about England in this World Cup."

Sounds like they really don't care...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 12:17:49 »

What a load of bollocks. My brother lives and works in a carpentry workshop just outside Frankfurt and he's been getting absolute pelters for years. He doesn't even really like football.

His colleagues have apparently been markedly quieter today, apart from the one who claimed that if England do well in this world cup it won't count because they didn't get to play Germany.

Suck it up Herman, you do care or you wouldn't be on here trying so hard to convince us you don't.

It’s a bit like Bristol City not caring about us when we beat them, but giving us dogs abuse when they beat us.

As for Germany, their early exit made me happier largely due to those two wankers giving it large to the Swedish bench after the late winner, oh and another team out that would probably have beaten us regardless of how crap they were
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 12:40:33 »

I don't really "care", I just find it hilarious. Bottom of the group too  Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 12:49:16 »

More importantly they make him live in a carpentry workshop - bastards!

From the Bild last week:

"There are few things in life you can rely on, spring following winter, Bayern winning the title, and England making fools of themselves at the World Cup. But there is something different about England in this World Cup."

Sounds like they really don't care...

Be be fair we still have ample opportunities to make fools of ourselves, we haven't played a decent team yet....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #519 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 12:59:18 »

More importantly they make him live in a carpentry workshop - bastards!

Be be fair we still have ample opportunities to make fools of ourselves, we haven't played a decent team yet....

Smiley

No matter how babdly we do next, we still did better than the sauerkrauts for a change
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 13:11:06 »

As for Germany, their early exit made me happier largely due to those two wankers giving it large to the Swedish bench after the late winner, oh and another team out that would probably have beaten us regardless of how crap they were

They behaved like complete tossers, no need for their reactions at all

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 13:18:39 »

Setting aside the Germany comedy, watching Brazil play if Neymar is worth £198m what are Messi/Ronaldo worth? I am not convinced that Neymar is even the best player in that Brazilian team??
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 13:19:12 »

They behaved like complete tossers, no need for their reactions at all

Didn't see that, who was it and what did they do?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 13:23:07 »

Didn't see that, who was it and what did they do?

Ran over to the Swedish bench and started clapping sarcastically, it would seem

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/23/germany-spark-bust-sarcastically-clapping-swedens-bench-toni-kroos-winning-goal-7655032/
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 13:26:03 »

£198m?  Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: