Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 201710 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 08:27:55 »

South Korea, hopefully in good form today
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 08:33:44 »

I would like a pint of whatever Diego has been drinking, but fear a shot glass full would kill me....

Or maybe not.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44623999
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 08:41:34 »

Does anyone know why I wanted Argentina to lose that so much? Is it because Mascherano/Maradona are twats? Is it because of the media fawning over Messi and therefore assuming I wanted them to qualify? I can't put my finger on it but.. Gutted.

In this instance I think the fawning over Messi is justified.... he's a genius, albeit in football, as opposed to say art/music/literature/drama/science or philosophy.  Enjoy him while you can....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 09:08:08 »

In this instance I think the fawning over Messi is justified.... he's a genius, albeit in football, as opposed to say art/music/literature/drama/science or philosophy.  Enjoy him while you can....

Not entirely convinced although they are as ridiculous over Ronaldo and Neymar which in turn makes those teams rartyher irritating as well.

Listening to them wittering about Messi and watching him play last night got me thinking about some of the comments about Ronaldo the other night. It was the usual wank fest, but one of the summarisers said 'the problem is that Ronaldo runs at you and as a defender once he is in the box you cannot touch him'.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but this is where I have a problem with those who make out that Ronaldo is the best player of all time, he is undoubtedly fucking skillful, but a large part of the game he plays is to run fast and then if he is even touched fall over (especially if he is in the box), now that possibly says more about the fact that football is a non contact game these days (it is nigh impossible to even cleanly tackle someone and not make some sort of contact), but its comparing apples and pears to compare him to players in the 60's and 70's who basically got the shit kicked out of them.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 09:10:08 »

Not entirely convinced although they are as ridiculous over Ronaldo and Neymar which in turn makes those teams rartyher irritating as well.

Listening to them wittering about Messi and watching him play last night got me thinking about some of the comments about Ronaldo the other night. It was the usual wank fest, but one of the summarisers said 'the problem is that Ronaldo runs at you and as a defender once he is in the box you cannot touch him'.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but this is where I have a problem with those who make out that Ronaldo is the best player of all time, he is undoubtedly fucking skillful, but a large part of the game he plays is to run fast and then if he is even touched fall over (especially if he is in the box), now that possibly says more about the fact that football is a non contact game these days (it is nigh impossible to even cleanly tackle someone and not make some sort of contact), but its comparing apples and pears to compare him to players in the 60's and 70's who basically got the shit kicked out of them.

Sadly he is not the only one who does this.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 11:24:26 »

The Argentiniens seems to be in tears in the crowd for most of the match, it was fcuking pathetic

I come from a land down-under
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 11:58:04 »

That goal was genius, no doubt about it. Like all great players he made it look easy when it was anything but. The commentary with all it's annoying hubris/hype or whatever you want to call it just goes over my head. I just judge teams and players on their own merits.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 12:05:34 »

Don’t forget a Tax Fraudster.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 12:20:25 »

The Argentiniens seems to be in tears in the crowd for most of the match, it was fcuking pathetic
Its a pity they weren't all crying at the end - jammy bastards  -   This is the sort of team that will finish up winning it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 12:25:11 »

Its a pity they weren't all crying at the end - jammy bastards  -   This is the sort of team that will finish up winning it.
Wouldn't surprise me to see an Argentina vs Germany final (I expect some anorak will now tell me that can't happen)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 12:39:06 »

Wouldn't surprise me to see an Argentina vs Germany final (I expect some anorak will now tell me that can't happen)

It can, but Germany need to top their group
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 13:42:34 »

Got a feeling Serbia could do a number on Brazil.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 15:13:11 »

as it stands, Germany are out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 15:21:57 »

And if Germany score and win 1-0, Mexico are out.
Unless Mexico score but lose 2-1, then they go through on goals for. I think.

Love the world cup
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 15:34:20 »

And if Germany score and win 1-0, Mexico are out.
Unless Mexico score but lose 2-1, then they go through on goals for. I think.

Love the world cup

Just been working this out myself.
If Germany win 1-0 and Sweden win 2-1 then Germany are still out.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: