Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200736 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 19:31:20 »

I'd still start him against Belgium and hope something happens to get his confidence up. If he's still a statue after 45 mins I'd bin him for Rashford.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 19:51:56 »

Poland have yet again been woeful,
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 20:04:29 »

Am I the only one that can see Southgate played Sterling to try get a confidence boost? Didn’t happen so Rashford will start from here.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 20:08:34 »

Am I the only one that can see Southgate played Sterling to try get a confidence boost? Didn’t happen so Rashford will start from here.

Oh absolutely, they're desperate for him to score and end his drought.. I agree, though, Rashford should/will get his chance..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 20:13:06 »

No see 2 posts above...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 21:58:19 »

England were good. Good enough to win the whole tournment? Who knows. Soft goal to concede. If people are not happy with sterling, who plays in his position?
I can imagine Colombia ripping us apart if we have to face them.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 22:39:13 »

I can't see that to be honest
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:16:48 »

We beat a very average Panama FFS, the way the media are pushing this its only now going to end badly if idiots believe them....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #368 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:20:59 »

Sterling just seems to be a modern day John Barnes i.e in the team purely based on his name and Club performances as far as I can make out. Utter, utter waste of space...
I agree, hes rubbish for England, doesn't play anywhere near as well as he does for Man City, give Rashford game time.

We beat a very average Panama FFS, the way the media are pushing this its only now going to end badly if idiots believe them....
I agree, lets get back to not hyping them, I liked it like that, no extra pressure on the players.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:22:34 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:33:25 »

the press and some people's expectations have gone totally overboard after beating 2 poor sides.

Yes, getting out of the group is great. Yes, scoring 8 goals is great, but we need to have a reality check here. I think England have played well so far but against vastly inferior opposition.

A good run is not beyond us, but I think 1/4 finals realistically is the best we are going to do.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:45:17 »

the press and some people's expectations have gone totally overboard after beating 2 poor sides.

Yes, getting out of the group is great. Yes, scoring 8 goals is great, but we need to have a reality check here. I think England have played well so far but against vastly inferior opposition.

A good run is not beyond us, but I think 1/4 finals realistically is the best we are going to do.

The game v Belgium should be very interesting... a sort of local derby.  How do both approach it  Hmmm

Certainly Belgium have the players to bring the expectations back down to earth.... but will they be giving it full gas?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:48:21 »

The game v Belgium should be very interesting... a sort of local derby.  How do both approach it  Hmmm

Certainly Belgium have the players to bring the expectations back down to earth.... but will they be giving it full gas?

There is an argument to suggest finishing second in the group gives us an 'easier' route forwards.

Belgium is the acid test but it could be both sides going out to lose, although I am sure in professional sport this isn't really likely?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:48:56 »

No side looks outstanding in the tournament, could go any way
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:33:16 »

No side looks outstanding in the tournament, could go any way

Yet. One team will rise above the rest, just hope it is England.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 10:10:24 »

One of the pundits (can't remember who but could well have been Keano as it's the sort of thing he would say) said Southgate should just pick his best XI and play to win. I agree with this - too much overthinking goes on these days
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: