Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200679 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:19:57 »

Massimo Luongo is the only player at this WC who I can think of whose played for the Town.  Have I missed anyone  Hmmm
What about if you include non playing managers/coaches etc too?

I will start with Nestor Lorenzo assistant manager with Columbia.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:31:24 »

For the first time in a while I think the England squad are quite likeable. Southgate appears to be quite a calm influence while encouraging the younger players. I'm just happy to go into a tournament with none of the golden generation who were just shit on the international stage. really glad Southgate got rid of Rooney. There's not the stench of failure around the squad. There's a lot less "circus" around the team now with no Rooney, Beckham etc.
I don't think we'll do well but it will be invaluable experience for most of the squad who will have other tournaments in them. Most people wold have picked a similar squad so I don't know what more Southgate could do.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:35:49 »

What about if you include non playing managers/coaches etc too?

I will start with Nestor Lorenzo assistant manager with Columbia.

Smeeton's 4th Rule states that televised domestic games should contain an STFC link, either in players, dug out, or com box/punditry, or ref if it's Simon Hooper.

It can apply to WC's although obviously more difficult. Nestor, as when he was cone carrying for Pekerman at Argentina always welcome.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:40:20 »

For the first time in a while I think the England squad are quite likeable. Southgate appears to be quite a calm influence while encouraging the younger players. I'm just happy to go into a tournament with none of the golden generation who were just shit on the international stage. really glad Southgate got rid of Rooney. There's not the stench of failure around the squad. There's a lot less "circus" around the team now with no Rooney, Beckham etc.
I don't think we'll do well but it will be invaluable experience for most of the squad who will have other tournaments in them. Most people wold have picked a similar squad so I don't know what more Southgate could do.

This.

Southgate seems to treat the players properly as people and not pamper them and the team spirit of the young uns is pretty spot on, and the avergae age of the team is so low that even if they fail badly this time they will almost all still be in the squad for the next tournament with that little extra experience behind them.

I don't think there is any chance we will win but we could ruffle a few feathers and not roll over to some of the "supposedly inferior" teams as England have done in the past so often.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:42:00 »

Smeeton's 4th Rule states that televised domestic games should contain an STFC link, either in players, dug out, or com box/punditry, or ref if it's Simon Hooper.

It can apply to WC's although obviously more difficult. Nestor, as when he was cone carrying for Pekerman at Argentina always welcome.
I have had a look through the backroom staff and cannot see another Swindon link at all, Bad Smith just failed to make the cut for the Aussies too apparently.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:43:31 »

Anyone going? 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:46:46 »

Anyone going? 
The Flash often does a few England away WC games, not sure if hes going this time though.

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 13:03:04 »

If The Flash is popping over, maybe he could ask the 'Orel Butchers' to give us back the Town flag they 'borrowed' in Marseille in 2016!   Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:23:55 »

Saudi Arabia at 9/1 are worth a little punt - unless Putin has found a new magic drug to transform plodders into footballers.

Like a reverse Flitcroft, really.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:25:27 »

2-0 russia
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:27:52 »

Bad news for Reg:

A prominent Russian MP has been heavily criticised after urging women not to have sex with foreign men during the World Cup.

Communist Party MP Tamara Pletnyova told a Moscow Radio station that she was "not a nationalist" but believed Russian women should avoid sex with people "of a different race" because "their children suffer".
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:36:50 »

Robbie Williams appears to be morphing into Morrisey.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:49:09 »

Robbie Williams appears to be morphing into Morrisey.
Nah, he's always been a twat
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:54:10 »

Bad news for Reg:

A prominent Russian MP has been heavily criticised after urging women not to have sex with foreign men during the World Cup.

Communist Party MP Tamara Pletnyova told a Moscow Radio station that she was "not a nationalist" but believed Russian women should avoid sex with people "of a different race" because "their children suffer".

I know the average racist can get a bit technical, but ethnic Russians are descended from the Rus, Viking traders, who entered what is now Russia, parts of Ukraine and Belarus, by long boat and settled. So technically Northern Europeans, don't think they'd have a problem with a Saxon like me.  Smiley

Southern slavs like Bulgars are a bit different, something Turkic, of the Steppe about them. Of course there are millions of these in Russia... I like it in the women, hint of the exotic... Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 14:57:51 »

Nah, he's always been a twat

Could still be the best performance by and Englishman throughout the tournament!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: