Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 94   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The world Cup Russia 2018 Thread  (Read 200692 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:28:33 »

Otherwise the logic of the "model" is that Ady Boothroyd will be next England boss  Smiley

With Iffy as number 2  Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:31:07 »

Saudi Arabia are as long as 9/1 to beat Russia today.

They have won 2 of the last 5, and only lost to Italy and Germany by single goals.

Russia on the other hand are the worst team in the competition by some distance.

9/1 for any football match is ridiculous. 9/1 in favour of the better side is ludicrous.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:36:21 »

They have won 2 of the last 5, and only lost to Italy and Germany by single goals.

Russia on the other hand are the worst team in the competition by some distance.

9/1 for any football match is ridiculous. 9/1 in favour of the better side is ludicrous.

this is very disheartening to read. I took advantage of the Betfair offer for new customers of Russia to win at 100/1 thinking that the hosts will get off to a new start Surely they'll win this one at home?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:42:31 »

I've had a tenner on the draw at 16/5, it feels like expectations of... let's call it "normal host nation bias" are being priced into this game.

What on earth was the maximum stake for 100/1 on Russia BO, 20p?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:45:13 »

With Iffy as number 2  Smiley

Well John Gorman was Glenn's cone carrier, so Iffy being Scottish shouldn't get in the way.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:47:02 »

The game has 0-0 written all over it to me, Russia are pretty shit and SA struggle to score regularly they have only scored more than 2 goals once in the last 17 games.

Very unusual if the host nation don't make it through to the knockout rounds but it could happen this WC.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:53:26 »

The game has 0-0 written all over it to me, Russia are pretty shit and SA struggle to score regularly they have only scored more than 2 goals once in the last 17 games.

Very unusual if the host nation don't make it through to the knockout rounds but it could happen this WC.

I actually think you're right, it will be a 0-0 or 1-1, but at 9/1 you can't not have a £10 on it.

I've also got 2 or fewer 0-0s in the tournament though, so 0-0 tonight is a nightmare result for me!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:53:45 »

Got 17/2 so will have a bit of that!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:54:14 »

I've had a tenner on the draw at 16/5, it feels like expectations of... let's call it "normal host nation bias" are being priced into this game.

What on earth was the maximum stake for 100/1 on Russia BO, 20p?

£1 nemo. Paddy Power are also doing this offer if anyone fancies the Ruskies today.

Of course, if it wins, the £100 is in free bets which have to be used within 7 days but I think its worth a punt.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:55:21 »

Massimo Luongo is the only player at this WC who I can think of whose played for the Town.  Have I missed anyone  Hmmm
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:03:53 »

I actually think you're right, it will be a 0-0 or 1-1, but at 9/1 you can't not have a £10 on it.
9-1 in any international game that has 2 fairly equal level teams is silly, they will have to pay out a lot if the Saudis do win!

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:04:51 »

Massimo Luongo is the only player at this WC who I can think of whose played for the Town.  Have I missed anyone  Hmmm

Mohammed El Gabas seems to have narrowly missed out on the Egypt squad.

I wonder how many of the WC nations we have/haven't had players from in the past? I can't think of any Saudis, Peruvians, Panamanians or Costa Ricans immediately, but I bet it's actually a surprisingly long list.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:05:00 »

When Southgate was appointed I was disgusted with the decision but he's won me round with the changes he's made to the system and personnel.

I also like the way he's closed the gap between the players, fans and media.

Just hope we avoid Colombia in the last 16 as I've thought for ages they'll knock us out if we meet.

I'm always behind England in a tournament and as much as ever this time around.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:15:18 »

Mohammed El Gabas seems to have narrowly missed out on the Egypt squad.

I wonder how many of the WC nations we have/haven't had players from in the past? I can't think of any Saudis, Peruvians, Panamanians or Costa Ricans immediately, but I bet it's actually a surprisingly long list.

Players with appearances at a WC either as current (rare) or later or previous are small in number.  As for countries represented....  England, Scotland, RoI, Argentina, Norway, Australia, New Zealand; think that's it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:16:39 »

I stuck my £10 on Saudi Arabia with a £10 back, first bet with PP at 8/1 so nothing at all to lose for me.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 94   Go Up
Print
Jump to: