Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pete Luscombe aka Skippy  (Read 7048 times)
chalkies_shorts

« on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 12:16:49 »

Sad to announce massive Town fan Pete has passed away. Went to games with him over 30 years ago and used to bump into him at assorted shitholes around the uk. Had a beer with him after Accrington.
He didn't post on here but was a regular on the adver forum as swindon61uk.
He was a top bloke with a nasty collection of shirts.
RIP mate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 13:09:07 »

RIP.

Don't think I ever met him or know him. But I remember his handle from the adver forum for some reason.  must have been a sane voice.

Sorry for your and his families and friends loss
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 13:30:01 »

RIP.

Don't think I ever met him or know him. But I remember his handle from the adver forum for some reason.  must have been a sane voice.

Sorry for your and his families and friends loss

I'll second all of that.  Sorry to hear your sad news.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 14:48:15 »

Yeah, that's sad news.

Always a positive voice on the Adver site.

RIP.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 16:36:04 »

Sad news indeed. RIP matey.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 18:20:27 »

Shit, I definitely remember him from the adver.. Was often the voice of reason. Rest in peace mate, and sorry for your loss CS.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 19:32:23 »

Didn't know him, but always sad to hear of the passing of a long term fan.
china red

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 20:49:16 »

Did we ever find out what happened to the guy who did the fantastic match day threads and suddenly vanished?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 21:46:44 »

I think that was Shaw Rosso. Not been active since Nov 14 so not looking great. Hope I got it wrong.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 22:08:29 »

The name Skippy rings a bell from desolate Div 4 outposts in the early 80s where about 10 of us used to pitch up. Was he asthmatic? I seem to remember he travelled with a bunch of mates, one of whom was called Alex the Aardvark (don't ask).

Another one gone too early. RIP.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 22:17:43 »

The name Skippy rings a bell from desolate Div 4 outposts in the early 80s where about 10 of us used to pitch up. Was he asthmatic? I seem to remember he travelled with a bunch of mates, one of whom was called Alex the Aardvark (don't ask).

Another one gone too early. RIP.
Yep that's the one red frog. He was asthmatic. It was Alex the aard vark who told me this morning. I had the honour of giving the aard vark his nickname. Millwall had Harry the dog Swindon had Alex the aard vark.
We must have known each other back in the day. At a wild guess is your name Colin or tim
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 9, 2018, 22:56:38 »

Yep that's the one red frog. He was asthmatic. It was Alex the aard vark who told me this morning. I had the honour of giving the aard vark his nickname. Millwall had Harry the dog Swindon had Alex the aard vark.
We must have known each other back in the day. At a wild guess is your name Colin or tim

Nope, and I hate to think what nickname you gave me.  Wink

Sorry for your loss. It's horrible losing your football mates. Some of your football journey ends with them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 15:51:47 »

So sorry to hear this, a lovely bloke. Please pass on my condolences FWIW
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 18:03:08 »

Sorry to hear this, I knew him by name and by face but didn't chat to him too often.

As red Frog says I too spent many a match alongside him on desolate Northern outpost terraces like Halifax, Hartlepool, Chester etc etc back in the old Div 4 days when I never missed a match for about 6 years home and away. He was about my age too (52) I would say.

RIP.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 18:09:57 »

Sorry to hear this, I knew him by name and by face but didn't chat to him too often.

As red Frog says I too spent many a match alongside him on desolate Northern outpost terraces like Halifax, Hartlepool, Chester etc etc back in the old Div 4 days when I never missed a match for about 6 years home and away. He was about my age too (52) I would say.

RIP.
I was probably alongside you as well. As for age, 57 same as me hence the 61 in his adver name.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: