Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 70 Years of the NHS.... - The Swindon Link  (Read 6706 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 19:03:49 »

Have been supporting Swindon and really looking forward to the mahoosive 50th anniversary of the League Cup win next March.

Excuse my ignorance therefore but what is so big about the "70th" anniversary of the NHS?

I don't recall the 65th, the 60th or even the huge 50th anniversary celebrations?  Certainly no celebration threads on here.  Perhaps I should broaden my reading.

In Swindon terms it's about trying to raise awareness of the historic importance of Milton Road and the GWR medical fund. The Tories are looking to allow their chums to build flats in the Health Hydro, other people are suggesting that due to its importance perhaps something more along the lines of its original use could be sustained.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 18:52:04 »

In Swindon terms it's about trying to raise awareness of the historic importance of Milton Road and the GWR medical fund. The Tories are looking to allow their chums to build flats in the Health Hydro, other people are suggesting that due to its importance perhaps something more along the lines of its original use could be sustained.

In case you haven’t seen this elsewhere, Reg.  They all look like they’re having fun!

https://twitter.com/sportinghistory/status/1014801446510972930?s=21

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: