Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flight delay compo  (Read 1973 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 16:06:58 »

Afternoon.

Anyone had any experience of claiming compensation for delayed flights?

We were due to fly back to London from Izmir yesterday with EasyJet at 12:45, however the incoming plane had a bird strike and there was no engineer at Izmir airport (bizarrely in my mind) and so our flight was moved to this morning at 06:45.

We got a decent hotel and dinner/breakfast but is it worth trying to seek monetary compensation? I see on the Easyjet website, they have a Compensation Claim form which we'll complete, but just wondered what the chances of success may be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 16:10:43 »

More than 4 hours is a compo claim isn't it?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 16:28:23 »

I was delayed a while back but as it was a business paid trip i didnt think about claiming.

I got an email from some claim company and through, cant hurt to try. Its been about a month now, and not much has happened but if i can get 200 quid like they say i can, then happy days.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 16:41:35 »

I recommend considering resolver to lodge a claim, it's free and essentially DIY so no third party fees. probably worth  googling the process as I've only used it to do ppi myself

https://www.resolver.co.uk/rights-guide/flight-delays-cancellations
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 17:12:57 »

I got €600 from British Airways when I was delayed on the way to New York.

Did it myself rather than use a company.

It was a pain in the arse, I'd almost given up then there was a lawsuit a few years ago, quoted that and got the full amount within days.

The amount you're entitled to depends on how far and I think the airline can get out of it by proving it was an 'unavoidable' delay. Though you'd think that your one was avoidable if they'd had an engineer at the airport!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 17:21:29 »

Cheers for all the replies chaps, some food for thought. I just wondered if it was worth me doing it through the EasyJet site directly, or through a third party like Batch suggested.  Hmmm

What did piss me off a little bit about EasyJet (completely unrelated to compensation) when we checked into the flight this morning at 4.30am was that despite us paying for second row seats (I am still walking with a crutch) which we had on the first flight, we were given row 21. Of course we only checked the boarding card when we were nearly at passport control before realising. It took about 10 minutes of 'discussion' before they gave us the seats that we had paid for. I don't really know how difficult it could have been to made the amendment. They did the same with a women in a wheelchair who could barely walk as well, pretty shocking.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 19:52:54 »

Got 'bumped' off an easy jet flight as the delayed plane wasn't as big as the initial plane so not enough room.

Girl in the office chased and chased as easyJet have a set system of denial.

Ended up with parking refunded, food and drink refunded and 250 euros compo... They would only pay into one account....work took it and then told me that they were keeping it..

Double fucked...

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 20:06:48 »

Best (voluntary) bumped I got was on the way back from Hong Kong (about 14 years ago!)

Had to fly to Singapore, then a few hours in the business lounge (full bar service, football and cricket on TV, food) + business class back to Germany + 600EUR in vouchers which bought flights to NYC and a world band radio Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: