Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Based On What We Know  (Read 16397 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 06:54:53 »

Will a LP & PB ‘Dream Team’ get us promoted this coming season? I know we have not got moving in the transfer market yet but listened to the radio interview yesterday on playback. I have to say given what we’ve experienced since the demise of Di Canio that i’m Really, really optimistic.

Time to move on from the Phil Brown yes or no. He has been appointed, time to look forward now.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 07:52:39 »

Will a LP & PB ‘Dream Team’ get us promoted this coming season? I know we have not got moving in the transfer market yet but listened to the radio interview yesterday on playback. I have to say given what we’ve experienced since the demise of Di Canio that i’m Really, really optimistic.

Time to move on from the Phil Brown yes or no. He has been appointed, time to look forward now.

Agreed. Can we change that thread to Phil Brown - The Ayes Have It!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:05:00 »

Simple answer based on what we know is obviously "no"  However football occasionally defies reason, rather like religion there will always be an element of "faith"
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:18:09 »

And there was me thinking you'd have us nailed on for Champions, Reg.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:33:02 »

As ever, it will be a case of try & get to 48-50 points as quickly as possible then take it from there.

So, 50 points by Christmas, then same again in the second half of the season.
That would be promotion and also avoiding relegation twice, all in the same season. Result, all of the fan base is happy.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:36:10 »

Personally, I regard the close season as a time to switch off.  We need to see how the squad is shaping up before arriving at  an idea of how things might work out.  However, if asked a question, I'll give an answer.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:43:40 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:51:44 »

Impossible to say either way.

On balance, I'd say no. But he's done it before so who knows.
To back up my viewpoint:
   - Light in quality up top, where will the goals come from if Richards (and arguably Norris) are out/lose form.
   - Almost no midfield left
   - Key defender coming back from serious injury, the other two not contracted/getting on.
   - Stroppy keeper and suspect backup.

To save the bother of countering, since its going round my head already:
   - We scored a fair few last year, it wasn't goals for that was the main problem
   - An opportunity to recruit a better midfield then.
   - Lets see how he recovers, and was McGiven really that bad? Mayo will improve with experience.
   - Moore improved, A motivated Vigs is a major asset between the sticks.

As I say, can't call it either way. I am less worried about getting sucked in to the other end of the table though - for now Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:54:22 »

Personally, I regard the close season as a time to switch off.  We need to see how the squad is shaping up before arriving at  an idea of how things might work out.
Spot on. You can't judge how next season is going to go based on some nice patter on the radio, think too many of us fell for that last year. I'm parking Town for now, so I can concentrate more fully on being disappointed by England. I'll return to being disappointed by Town in July/August
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 09:14:13 »

I've got a holiday and the world cup coming up! I'll worry about our lack of signings towards the end of July!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 09:17:49 »

I've got a holiday and the world cup coming up! I'll worry about our lack of signings towards the end of July!

We are in a better place than a year ago, but of course that is relative as we'd just endured a season of historic incompetence.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 16:02:14 »

More likely to be campaigning for the conservatives at the next election.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 16:07:19 »

More likely to be campaigning for the conservatives at the next election.

Having asked the question wouldn't it be better to engage in the answer, rather than a facile jibe?

For example I'd be interested to know what you base your optimism on. 
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 16:09:23 »

Having asked the question wouldn't it be better to engage in the answer, rather than a facile jibe?

For example I'd be interested to know what you base your optimism on. 
Browns experience.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 16:17:01 »

Of course, Flitcroft also had experience of getting promoted from this league and many, me included, were won over by his illusory bollock speak.

Now exposed as a true spunk trumpet, he’ll no doubt screw up at Mansfield.

Brown appears to be that much more open about things. As always it’s almost impossible to hold a view until the new players arrive.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 25, 2018, 16:19:25 »

I do think Brown is an upgrade on Flitcroft. I'm not going to try and base any predictions on that, though. There's far too many variables.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: