Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What’s the best/worst you’ve seen us play?  (Read 7729 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 10:01:39 »

So hard to pick specific ones, but Leeds 3-0 up there for sure. Leeds in the LC too.

Worst - 7-1 at Forest, 3-0 at Histon come to mind. Millwall away last year was the worst though. Only time I've walked out at HT.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 10:08:24 »

No one has mentioned it yet - best ever for me was the away game at Birmingham,   4-0 down,   6-4 up, thanks to the maestro Hoddle,
worst ?  Perm any one from dozens, as said before  0-4 v brovers, 0-2 home to the pox, but probably the worst was any of the games we have played at the new Wembley,  take your pick,  they were all a crap non performance from the town.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 11:03:10 »

Its hard to pick because dodgy memory + context muddy the waters. Given a combination of factors:

I'd say the worst performance was Preston, but I was more deflated by the Millwall Wembley defeat. The lowest I've felt in a semi non-significant game was the Cheltenham 2-1 defeat when we were on a shit run with Kingy. In truth, there are

Best, I missed all the good Wembley games. So baring that in mind the highest point was beating Charlton at the Valley to get to new Wembley..Best is hard to know. Elland Road, 3-0 win in recent times I guess.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 11:11:11 »

From recent memory, Leeds away was amazing.

Worst, losing 2-1 at home to Notts Co in 2011 which pretty much sealed our relegation.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 11:57:17 »

No one has mentioned it yet - best ever for me was the away game at Birmingham,   4-0 down,   6-4 up, thanks to the maestro Hoddle,
No one has mentioned it apart from me  Hmmm

I will add one more game to this which was one of the worst first 51 mins and the best last 30 mins of a game away at Birmingham City in 93, 4-1 down after the first 51 mins, playing really poorly then after 60 mins we score another 5 goals in 30 mins to win 6-4.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 12:14:08 »

Notts County at home.
Jenny Davis had delivered a very emotional speech before kick off and finished it with a rousing come on Swindon.
We’d have murdered Barcelona that day, never seen a Town team so up for it...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 12:14:32 »

Probably not the best mind you but worth a mention
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 12:38:34 »

Worst:
There’s plenty to choose from, but I’d say most games from the 83/84 or 2015/16 seasons could fit in here.
Obviously we have had some thumpings over the years, but for me the worst was Preston at Wembley, people have mentioned the other two Wembley defeats, but we did actually make a game of the other two (Charlie’s bobble springs to mind).

Best:
Sunderland at Wembley, the 4-0 at Ashton Gate, the Beauchamp game at the CG, Liverpool away in the Premier (we should have won).
But my favourite will always be the 4-3 against Arsenal.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 13:10:03 »

From recent memory, Leeds away was amazing.

Worst, losing 2-1 at home to Notts Co in 2011 which pretty much sealed our relegation.

Was that Notts County game the one where that prick Michael Rose showed his intelligence by heading a ball that was on the floor back to the keeper letting Lee Hughes in to score?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 21, 2018, 13:14:59 »

Best:
Sunderland at Wembley, the 4-0 at Ashton Gate, the Beauchamp game at the CG, Liverpool away in the Premier (we should have won).
But my favourite will always be the 4-3 against Arsenal.
wouldn't disagree with that. I would add stoke away in the same year as the Arse and home to Fulham 5-0 with Best etc. More latterly the 3-0 v Leeds was an excellent performance.
In terms of the worst, Eastleigh at home a couple of years of years ago was total shite as was most home games that year. A 5-0 dicking at the Scum when we got relegated was pretty hard to take - shite performance.
The problem is there are s many in either category.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: