Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Go on - persuade me  (Read 8243 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 15:30:40 »

In 2 minds about getting a ST. It’s not really the cost if I go to most of the games, but after the dross of last season I don’t really want to feel compelled to go just because I’ve paid up front if next season pans out in a similar fashion.

I only bothered to go to about 10 home games last season.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 15:40:28 »

That's why I didn't renew. Keeping my options open.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 16:07:22 »

Personally (except for the last 10 games) I enjoyed this season much more than last. So no point asking me!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 16:09:11 »

Go on Aud, you'll get priority for cup tickets, away tickets for the big games, plus play off tickets for Wembley  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 16:41:53 »

I think we had some really good entertaining games last season, along with some dross, but I enjoyed many more games then the previous season, including a fair few in the last 10 games Wink

The home games vs Mansfield, Notts County, Crewe and Accrington were good to watch, admittedly some early season games were up with the worst I have seen. I know I am not selling it much!

Under Brown I am sure we will be much harder to beat home and away even if we may not be quite as attacking at times as under Flipflop we still can turn it on when we want to, and with 3 or 4 new signings I do think we will be challenging for autos this coming season.

If I lived closer than 100 motorway miles away and my health was better I would buy a ST.

£16 a game in the Intel (£23 individually) or £15 a game in the Town End (£19 individually) isn't bad if you can get to all the games IMO. Thats the equivalent of 7 free games PAYG inthe Intel and 5 free games in the TE.

That said it depends on a lot of factors, can you afford it comfortably? can you get to enough games to justify it? do you feel that you actually want to go to that many games? at this moment in time would you regret not getting one if we go on and win the title next season and you didn't get one? if the anwer to any of these leaves is "no" at all then don't get one and save your money.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 17:48:52 »

Why would you even ask or stay away?
Support your team and feel more confident appointing a Manager early for once.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:15:58 »

Why would you even ask or stay away?
Support your team and feel more confident appointing a Manager early for once.

We all have our reasons.

Sometimes supporting your club is like supporting your family. Sometimes if all they give you is shit or a tough time, then you have to give them some tough love too (ie staying away for a bit). Some can't always recapture the love for the game.  A bit of time away and you can be romanced by the smell of someone else's piss landing on your shoe, on a cold Tuesday night as you drastically struggle to pull your trouser zip up, or suspend yourself over a destroyed bog seat as you miss the start of the second half. Rushing to get back to the game as your Bovril falls off a precariously perched loo roll holder (minus loo roll), acting as a makeshift shelf. Only to make it back to your seat, just as some nondescript loanee scores for Morecambe and you wonder why the hell you're even there. To then realise your cock has been hanging out the whole time but you have no idea if anyone has noticed or not. As you contemplate leaving, Norris scores a 30 yard screamer...your cock is back in it's trousers and your zip is up. Who gives a fuck about the £2 Bovril. Who cares it's -2 celsius. There's 12 minutes to go and this is our night, as Lawrence Vigouroux runs up for a last minute corner, on his return and heads home with three to play. He's a hero, the place is in raptures. The 1p debtor has turned it all around, Phil Brown sings 'Delilah' on the pitch and Sky goes into full masturbation, not seen since the fall out between PdC and Leon Clarke. The next day, reports LV has beaten up Brian Horton after a joke got lost in translation. LV is sent to Waterford (the new Coventry) to contemplate his actions.

The above is clearly why....#Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help...
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:18:16 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:18:26 »

In 2 minds about getting a ST. It’s not really the cost if I go to most of the games, but after the dross of last season I don’t really want to feel compelled to go just because I’ve paid up front if next season pans out in a similar fashion.

I only bothered to go to about 10 home games last season.
You've answered your own question.

Fuck the 'dross' excuse, pull your finger out, buy a season ticket and go watch the Town. Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:20:04 »

What else you gonna do on a Saturday?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:40:27 »

It's a leisure activity. If you enjoy it, go. If you don't, don't.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 22:07:04 »

I'ts either the CG or continuous dogging/Homebase.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 22:12:36 »

Shit, I just gave Ells "Internet winner of the day" on another thread but this is gold. 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 18, 2018, 07:25:34 »

Maybe I’ll leave it until we see the exciting new talent recruited by the Brown One and make a judgement call then. If you haven’t prepaid with a ST it’s all to easy to just say ‘fuck it’ on a cold Tuesday evening.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 18, 2018, 08:24:21 »

Not an obvious choice of alternatives!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 18, 2018, 08:57:18 »

I was going to Homebase at lunch time. Now I'm confused as to what type of lumpwood I'm likely to get there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: