Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The England Squad for the World Cup  (Read 14439 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 18:13:53 »

If playing Kyle Walker at Centre Back is the answer, then the question must be "what do we need to do to have a team comparable to those managed by Graham Taylor?"

I'm with Reg, it's a team of bit parts bar Kane.

Have you watched him play there for England or Man City? It worked well against Holland, and numerous occasions for City this year.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 19:28:04 »

We are not going to dominate games like City have done.  Walker is pretty good in the attacking wing back role, a centre half he is not.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 19:34:37 »

I thought Walker looks very good at CB, probably better than at RB.

I would go with...

Pickford
        Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier                              Young
               Alli       Dier
                  Sterling
            Kane      Vardy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 19:38:47 »

I’d go with.....

Pickford
       Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier                           Delph
                   Dier
        Sterling Alli Rashford
                   Kane
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 08:49:28 »

Henderson will play midfield, and should do so with Alli against Tunisia and Panama. Dier in for more stability against Belgium.

Dier will have to as I strongly suspect that Alli will manage to get himself sent off in one of those games, the petulant wanker!
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 09:40:23 »

According to the OP Cahill is in.  Sessignon is best left out, no good comes from overhyping these kids, let him work with the age group sides.  Remember last summer we did really well at that level..... so it is just possible we might see some fruits from that over te next Euro/WC cycle.

Agree, this was just media over hyping, the one to over hype if one should ever do, would be jaydon sancho at Borussia Dortmund, but not a word about him as he's out of sight out of mind to the media. Let the kids develop without the spotlight on them, the likes of Sessignon, Lookman, Sancho and the other kid at Man City, the Euro's in 2 years time is what they should be aiming for
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 09:49:13 »

Agree, this was just media over hyping, the one to over hype if one should ever do, would be jaydon sancho at Borussia Dortmund, but not a word about him as he's out of sight out of mind to the media. Let the kids develop without the spotlight on them, the likes of Sessignon, Lookman, Sancho and the other kid at Man City, the Euro's in 2 years time is what they should be aiming for

Phil Foden...   yes, 100%.  We need to see more of these kids take the Sancho route. I think Lookman is in Germany on loan.

Sessignon if possible should go and play for someone like Valencia, Betis or Sevilla.  Someone like Griezmann, shows the benefits of a Spanish apprenticeship.  Coutinho benefitted from a loan spell at Espanyol
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 10:54:47 »

I can understand people’s view points but Ryan Sessegnone isn’t some kid who played the odd 5 minutes here and there and a early round league cup appearance.

He’s played over 100 career games...

...and by as far as I’m aware has played in every League game for Fulham this season including the play offs...

I’d have rolled the dice and taken him
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:04:18 »

Given that these players didn't feature in the qualifying games I'm not sure taking them would have had much benefit, personally. We should be entring tournaments with a relatively settled side who are vaguely used to playing together rather than throwing in wildcards who may or may not fit.

Get players like Lookman, Sancho and Sessegnon involved after the World Cup and build for future tournaments. Come the next WC they'll still all only be early 20s.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 12:16:55 »

Given that these players didn't feature in the qualifying games I'm not sure taking them would have had much benefit, personally. We should be entring tournaments with a relatively settled side who are vaguely used to playing together rather than throwing in wildcards who may or may not fit.

Get players like Lookman, Sancho and Sessegnon involved after the World Cup and build for future tournaments. Come the next WC they'll still all only be early 20s.

I would like to think this is Southgate's thinking.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 19:01:08 »

10 changes tonight, come on football.

Why do we insist upon using female sopranos to lead the national anthem?  Sounds awful when you compare how classy the tenor singing the Costa Rican sounded.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 19:09:23 »

Why are they playing this at Elland Road?

Are they trying to make Leeds United feel relevant in football terms again
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 19:36:53 »

Please please tell me that fucking awful band isn’t going.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 20:15:43 »

I think it’s good, would prefer all England games to be around the country than Wembley.
Amir

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 20:22:08 »

Preparation for playing in front of crowds full of racist scumbags.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: