Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2018 - 2019 Season Pre Season Friendlies  (Read 81136 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, July 22, 2018, 20:52:54 »

Reg - based purely on our current squad, do you think we have enough to 'retain our FL status'?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, July 22, 2018, 21:45:18 »

Reg - based purely on our current squad, do you think we have enough to 'retain our FL status'?

Yes, come on Mr. Plowman, answer Mr. Chang.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #272 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 08:03:19 »

Assuming Taylor is LB, then Iandolo can cover that.... but as things stand no cover for Knoyle. All a bit ramshackle and difficult to see us winning too many matches, by keeping a clean sheet.
I would be happier with a  better defender as backup than Iandolo, Romanski can fill in at left back and has played there for the youths.

Dunne is being trialed at right back in friendlies so if he can fill in then we won't need a back up signing.

A utility defender signing would be useful though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 08:07:48 »

Yes, come on Mr. Plowman, answer Mr. Chang.
For the umptyninth time, Reg isn't Plowman. I know you glory in being spectacularly wrong about most things, but please stop making a twat of yourself
Peter Venkman

« Reply #274 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 08:11:31 »

Having been to the game I can say that Hawkins was by far the tallest man on the pitch, and will be in most games he plays, so even with better CBs we'd likely have conceded that goal anyway.
I agree with the rest of your post KT but Hawkins is the same height as Robertson and Adebayo at 6 foot 3.

For me the problem was that Robertson cannot jump whereas Watkins can, so he easily beat Robertson to the crosses.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 08:38:35 »

He's down as 6 ft 5 on Wiki, certainly looked that way from the TE too, also seemed taller than me and I'm just shy of 6 ft 4.

Anyway, point remains, which you're with me on, is that Robertson won't be a first choice CB for us this season.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 23, 2018, 08:42:50 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #276 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 08:50:41 »

He's down as 6 ft 5 on Wiki, certainly looked that way from the TE too, also seemed taller than me and I'm just shy of 6 ft 4.

Anyway, point remains, which you're with me on, is that Robertson won't be a first choice CB for us this season.
I hope we never have to rely on Robertson in a 1st team game again, hes just not good enough.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 09:04:19 »

Unpopular opinion then but I actually thought Robertson did alright on Saturday. He lost out most headers to Hawkins but as already stated, Hawkins is 6 foot 5 and also had an incredible jump on him.

We definitely need someone else in ahead of him, though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 09:09:31 »

Badom tish.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 09:09:43 »

Too early to say for me, as I don't know the relative strength of the opposition.  What we do know is that even Brown in today's Adver is flagging up we're short at the back and up top, of course, this is partly down to injuries.

We also know that last season we finished 9th our lowest for 34 years, and the second lowest since Div 4 was formed in 58.

Last season when we did have a wobble, Flitcroft managed to turn it around and get that key win, like Crewe away and Notts County at home.

So as things stand we are weaker than last year, but by how much  Hmmm   We should have a reasonable idea after 10 games.... PB had 10 games last season and got 11 points, after 10 games last season 11 points got you between 15th-18th where you could find Barnet.  Should we repeat last season's finish at the start then our FL status will be called to question.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 11:59:42 »

Unpopular opinion then but I actually thought Robertson did alright on Saturday. He lost out most headers to Hawkins but as already stated, Hawkins is 6 foot 5 and also had an incredible jump on him.

Pompey we’re in the hunt for Eisa who ended up at the 82ers. Their fans reckon they are still after a striker and Hawkins could be let go. Love him here.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #281 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 12:07:44 »

Pompey we’re in the hunt for Eisa who ended up at the 82ers. Their fans reckon they are still after a striker and Hawkins could be let go. Love him here.
Scored 7 in 31 games last season and they only just signed him in January for £200k, I can't see them letting him go but if they did I would love him leading our line maybe with a season long loan.

Flipflop is a big fan of his and tried to sign him in January, wouldn't be shocked if he did leave Pompey that they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

They appear to be about to sell Conor Chaplin so will be a bit short on numbers up front if they do.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 23, 2018, 12:09:54 by Peter Venkman » Logged

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 12:23:08 »

Too early to say for me, as I don't know the relative strength of the opposition.  What we do know is that even Brown in today's Adver is flagging up we're short at the back and up top, of course, this is partly down to injuries.

We also know that last season we finished 9th our lowest for 34 years, and the second lowest since Div 4 was formed in 58.

Last season when we did have a wobble, Flitcroft managed to turn it around and get that key win, like Crewe away and Notts County at home.

So as things stand we are weaker than last year, but by how much  Hmmm   We should have a reasonable6 idea after 10 games.... PB had 10 games last season and got 11 points, after 10 games last season 11 points got you between 15th-18th where you could find Barnet.  Should we repeat last season's finish at the start then our FL status will be called to question.
Well done Reg, you've really cheered me up.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, July 23, 2018, 13:47:35 »

He certainly seems to have that ability!!!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 18:40:59 »

Bit of an odd looking starting line up.

TOWN STARTING XI | McCormick; Dunne, Lancashire, Conroy, Romanski; Diagouraga, McCourt, Doughty; Twine, Trialist, Young.

SUBS - Henry, Cheshire, Stanley, Pryce, Edwards.

#STFC

Presumably the trialist is MAF?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: