Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King out!  (Read 1753 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:37:00 »

IFFY SET TO STAND IN FOR KING  

09:36 - 03 September 2005  
Iffy Onuora and Ian Woan are ready to take charge of Swindon Town for today's match at Walsall after manager Andy King was hit by a mystery foot injury. King was taken to hospital in considerable pain yesterday, where he underwent a series of tests. He was still awaiting a diagnosis last night.

Early reports suggested King had stubbed his foot at home but last night there were also fears he had been struck by gout and may need an operation.

With assistant manager Alan Reeves also ruled out with a broken leg, youth coaches Woan and Onuora are poised to take control of the side at the Bescot Stadium.

Onuora said last night: "Andy is not well and is currently holed up at home.

"We're not sure if he will be able to make it tomorrow.

"I've heard he still wants to go up - you know what he's like. But whether or not he can is a different matter. Dick Mackey (club physio) thinks he will struggle.

"If he can't make it I'm sure he'll still pick the team and give us plenty of instructions. But once the game is underway I guess he will have to trust our judgement.

"Woany and me will do the job to our best abilities - we both have ambitions to get into management in the future. But we would only be holding the fort until Andy gets back, hopefully in the very near future."

The match will be Onuora's first return to Walsall since he was sacked, many people say as a scapegoat, from his role as first team coach at the club last season.

He said: "I did and still do feel it was a little bit harsh but I'm not the type to harbour ill feelings. I have always got on well with Paul Merson (Walsall manager) and it was not him who made the decision - it was the chair man."

/
W56196272
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:39:51 »

I'm no expert but gouts not good is it!

Get well soon Andy.
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:41:04 »

Source Yeovil Red?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:41:23 »

WDP

/
W56196272
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:41:32 »

Poor Kingy
Just imagine the reaction we will get if Woany makes an inspired late substitution though  :|
The KING OUT brigade will be here in full voice.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:42:52 »

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=150310&command=newPage

linkage

/
W56196272
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:45:08 »

Hopefully Onoura gets a good welcome back then.
Get well soon Kingy
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 09:53:42 »

Might be a good thing, im no king out member but even with a set of instructions from king it will bring a slightly different slant to the team etc maybe we may even score an away goal?! :shock:

Come on YOU REDS!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 10:17:15 »

away goal would be very nice indeed!
richiestfc

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 10:37:59 »

i also agree its a good thing hes not there!sorry 2 disapoint but i am one of the king h8ers!! Oops  Smiley
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 10:46:34 »

Quote from: "richiestfc"
i also agree its a good thing hes not there!sorry 2 disapoint but i am one of the king h8ers!! Oops  Smiley
May i ask why?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: