Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Accrington Stanley (who are they) official match day thread  (Read 21119 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 05:42:44 »

Last game of the season hosting the deserved champions today.

I fully expect a handful of youth players to play and get some experience, rightly so as our season has been over for several weeks now and its a perfect time for blooding the young uns.

At the County Ground Accrington have won 2 and lost 2 with us winning the last 2 games both 2-0 and AS last win coming in 1959.

I expect a fairly heavy defeat of 0-3 today in front of 6,855 fans with 432 coming from oop north.

Today will be the last time several of these Town players play in a red shirt and I will not shed a tear at the loss of any of them if I am honest, lets start afresh next season with am almost whole new team and push to be where Stanley are right now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 06:41:54 »

Thank God it痴 the last game of a most dreadful season - a blessed release.

A pivotal time in our history, I feel. Will we continue our Power slump or fight for our spiritual home in L1.

Another season fucking about in L2 will just about finish me off
woolster

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 07:27:42 »

I expect a fairly heavy defeat of 0-3 today in front of 6,855 fans with 432 coming from oop north.

[/quote]
that many PV, the way this season has fizzled out and listening to how many are pissed off with it all I'm thinking 4.670
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 07:44:32 »

that many PV, the way this season has fizzled out and listening to how many are pissed off with it all I'm thinking 4.670
I am thinking its a nice day and the last time Swindon fans can see a game at the CG till the end of July, I could be way off the mark but last day of the season games often have a good attendance.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 07:53:13 »

GW Reds BBQ at the cricket ground. Suns out. Winner!

I predict a pork roll, followed up by a beer or cider in tight formation with another after.

going to be a struggle to actually go to the game..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 07:54:23 »

Quote from: Audrey's Bellend
Thank God it痴 the last game of a most dreadful season - a blessed release.

England can bridge this season's disappointment into next season
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 07:56:49 »

England can bridge this season's disappointment into next season
True that.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 09:24:42 »

Yes it the end of the season!!

We値l play some kids and probably win.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 09:51:59 »

Today will be the last time several of these Town players play in a red shirt and I will not shed a tear at the loss of any of them if I am honest, lets start afresh next season with am almost whole new team and push to be where Stanley are right now.

What the Accy experience tells us, is that there is merit in some stability of playing and coaching staff, especially when you're working with a limited budget.

The last thing we need for next year is an almost whole new team.... I'm kind of ruling out a PdC budget splurge, whereby you just buy or pay high wages to acquire very strong squad.

It is going to be interesting to see how Power is going next season.... my guess is that he will gamble on doing just enough to keep us in Div 4, whilst worling on buying the ground as his exit strategy.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 09:56:52 »

Wouldn't normally have a few beers before a home game, but anything that will help to consign this season to the dustbin.....

A final opportunity to watch a great team in action, our lot will be on the pitch as well.

Flitcroft deserves credit for a couple of things.
Steadying the ship. We could easily have gone the way of Chesterfield.
Enjoyed the bounce back against Notts County. A few more performances like that at home and top seven would have been straightforward.
Thanks Dave, but ultimately, you are a cunt.

I blame Steve Evans for causing the domino effect of jobbing managers being unable to improve or sustain the positions of three clubs.

And a sterling effort from PV in doubling the length of most of the MDT's.  Smiley

Pint

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 10:47:56 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 11:00:13 »

Thankfully another fucking awful season nearly over. That's 2 seasons of virtually every home game being shite. We're at a crossroads. What does power do not?
I hope Accrington get a great reception from ours. Really pleased for them.
It will be interesting to see the reaction if our lot do a lap of honour. I'll be hitting the pub at the final whistle not wasting my time applauding or booking this bunch of useless fuckers.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 12:59:24 »

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 13:01:06 »

Uninspiring line up, that
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 13:02:35 »

Only Jordan Edwards making his debut today, was expecting maybe a couple more.

Hes a former Bristol City youngster plays wide midfield was on trial at Norwich in January and played for their U18s.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 13:10:16 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 13:07:11 »

Accrington make just 1 change today so they are fielding their strongest side.

I think Jordan Edwards will be only the 2nd millenial to play for Swindon after Romanski. Hes been in good form for the U18s recently.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: