Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 16803 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:18:21 »

Well it looks to be them or Oldham. On balance, I'd rather have Dale.

We're now guaranteed our 2nd lowest ever league position..... however it can be debated whether it should be considered since 1958. Meaning finishing bottom of Div 3 S and having to apply for re-election might be thought of as worse than finishing mid table in Div 4.

It is

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:30:44 »

Well it looks to be them or Oldham. On balance, I'd rather have Dale.

We're now guaranteed our 2nd lowest ever league position..... however it can be debated whether it should be considered since 1958. Meaning finishing bottom of Div 3 S and having to apply for re-election might be thought of as worse than finishing mid table in Div 4.
Yet from that point Bert Head rebuilt with his 'babes' and a few old heads like Maurice Owen and we were promoted to old Div 2 and briefly top of that league.

Sent from my HTC U11
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:31:29 »

Quick question for Reg and Wobbly.
When was the last time you attended a Swindon game?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:38:23 »

Is this the first game ever that there has been zero comments about the game itself
can't wait for the highlights Suicide
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:48:24 »

Err, today.
Just on train out of Paddington.

Match report is that nothing much happened.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:49:06 »

Does it really matter if this is our 2nd ever worse finish? All that matters now is next season.

Ever the optimist, Mr Brown’s Boys will get us going!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 18:07:56 »

Last Saturday. 
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 18:16:25 »

Surprised to see the loanees involved today (or at least from the start). Wonder if there is a possibility that any of them will be here next season. Has PB mentioned whether Conroy is back in training yet?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 18:24:40 »

didn't hear anything about Conroy/Preston.

Not sure I see the point in any of the loaners playing either. or trying to keep any of them

Banks was good early on in his loan, very average after the sending off suspension.

mayo, he's raw, but if we are playing raw then play or own player in romanski (if not injured)

Elsnik looks out of it for whatever reason. Didn't go today so no idea how he played but since his injury he was good straight after and faded to nothing.

doubt we'll be taking Hussey on a perm. not if brown stays.

who have I forgotten?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 18:28:06 »

didn't hear anything about Conroy/Preston.

Not sure I see the point in any of the loaners playing either. or trying to keep any of them

Banks was good early on in his loan, very average after the sending off suspension.

mayo, he's raw, but if we are playing raw then play or own player in romanski (if not injured)

Elsnik looks out of it for whatever reason. Didn't go today so no idea how he played but since his injury he was good straight after and faded to nothing.

doubt we'll be taking Hussey on a perm. not if brown stays.

who have I forgotten?
That's all of them as Gordon has already returned to Derby. Conroy & Preston are crucial to our chances next season but Preston will likely have better offers.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 13:38:38 »

Is this the first game ever that there has been zero comments about the game itself
Just about sums the season up, who gives a fuck.  Shit season,  roll on August,  let's start again ! ?

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 17:01:56 »

Just about sums the season up, who gives a fuck.  Shit season,  roll on August,  let's start again ! ?

I do!

You try and get to some games once in a while....including midweek, instead of your usual 'more excuses than OJ Simpson' attitude.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 11:45:42 »

Thats no excuse. I'm sat here on my arse awaiting Venks free commentary for me from the download he's paid for. Selfish doesn't even begin to cover it and he's swanning off watching the once was messiah who after his tweets is nothing other than a very naughty boy.
I heartliy apologise for not commenting on the game, for my sins I watched St Johnstone v Partick, which was probably as dull as this game appears to have been!

I chose wisely to miss this one it seems!

Oh and Miles Storey didn't get on the pitch so that shows how bad he must be now as the rest of Particks forwards were shocking.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 11:55:14 »

Scotland is odd. Brechin have gone the entire season without a win. the chairman is keeping the manager because he's a good motivator!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 11:57:46 »

Scotland is odd. Brechin have gone the entire season without a win. the chairman is keeping the manager because he's a good motivator!

Interesting article here on them.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/scottish_football/271917/the-vincibles-brechin-city-become-first-scottish-club-in-126-years-to-go-entire-league-season-without-registering-a-win.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: