Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car Leasing companies  (Read 6414 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:17:42 »

It was Fish Bros I dealt with. I found an online quote and asked if they'd match it, which they did, so I gave them the business.
Will try the same then. I was going in there to test drive anyway and was going to ask about personal lease on the off chance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:21:58 »

mileage limits usually kill it for me, how does anyone survive on 10k.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:53:27 »

Fairly easily.

I think on my last lease I paid less than £20 in excess mileage charges Smiley

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:56:26 »

mileage limits usually kill it for me, how does anyone survive on 10k.

We do less than 6k a year and we live in the sticks and I use the motor for business as well?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:58:57 »

Just about to start a new job that means a 70-odd mile round trip so I'm not going to fit inside 10k. More like double that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 14:05:36 »

Just me and you then Paul!

I only do Chippers and back, football ferrying at weekends and the odd holiday/exceptional trip. Easy 14-15K or more.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 14:07:05 »

Just me and you then Paul!

I only do Chippers and back, football ferrying at weekends and the odd holiday/exceptional trip. Easy 14-15K or more.
Same as. Maybe we should both look at upgrading our sat navs before we look at cars!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 15:48:19 »

Fairly easily.

I think on my last lease I paid less than £20 in excess mileage charges Smiley

By using a motorbike during the summer  Grin
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 19:12:11 »

Same as. Maybe we should both look at upgrading our sat navs before we look at cars!

I now do 20k a year, and in the end decided to buy nearly new on HP. Speccing out the same car (albeit 7 months old and 4.5k on the  clock) on a 4 year lease term (vs my 4 year HP) is a fair bit cheaper in total but then if you look at what the (older version) model is worth now with similar mileage it's worth a more than the difference the total cost over the term.

Shorten the lease term to 2 years and it works out dearer to lease than to finance through HP and you hand the car back (if that bothers you).

So for high annual miles it's not necessarily good, but comes down to personal preference really.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 19:22:08 »

You can't necessarily just walk away from a PCP. A dealer will sell it to you on the basis there should be equity in the car at the end of the period to be a deposit on your next deal. The GFV usually is about right, but sometimes they get it wrong or things change (the make/model becomes less desirable i.e. dieselgate) and you could actually end up having to pay to hand the car back.

No such problem with a lease, you just hand it back and it's resale value is the finance company's problem.

Sorry but that's not correct, the GFV is exactly that, Guaranteed Future Value, so if at the end the car is worth less than that figure, the finance company takes the hit not you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: