Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135094 times)
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 07:23:59 »

At the start of the season I predicted Flitters could achieve a respectable finish, given the circumstances he entered and found at the club.

Whereas I’m not going to go trawling through the archives, I expect your interpretation of the above would amount to little more than hinting that we might not be relegated. If you said something along the lines of ‘I think we will finish in the top half’, I’ll happily stand corrected.

I can say for sure that, as recently as December, you were clearly suggesting that we might go down - even if everything was dressed up in subtle hints from which you could later try distancing yourself.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 09:14:46 »

Whereas I’m not going to go trawling through the archives, I expect your interpretation of the above would amount to little more than hinting that we might not be relegated. If you said something along the lines of ‘I think we will finish in the top half’, I’ll happily stand corrected.

I can say for sure that, as recently as December, you were clearly suggesting that we might go down - even if everything was dressed up in subtle hints from which you could later try distancing yourself.
He’s playing a sly devils advocate meets politically slanted message game to justify his position based on what everyone’s interpritation of his comments sound like. Kind of person who pulls the pin out of a grenade throws it then quickly hands you the pin then mysteriously disappears. Or the person in an meeting who throws in an open question to no-one in particular then shuts up to wait for everyone’s position to be made before declaring his own.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 09:52:02 »

He’s playing a sly devils advocate meets politically slanted message game to justify his position based on what everyone’s interpritation of his comments sound like. Kind of person who pulls the pin out of a grenade throws it then quickly hands you the pin then mysteriously disappears. Or the person in an meeting who throws in an open question to no-one in particular then shuts up to wait for everyone’s position to be made before declaring his own.
My personal favourite are the numerous Eastern European women he has had 'liasions' with!! I doubt he's left his bedroom for the last 30 years.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 11:08:11 »

I’m more pleased by the fact we’ve sorted this early rather than the fact it’s Phil Brown
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 12:00:36 »

My personal favourite are the numerous Eastern European women he has had 'liasions' with!! I doubt he's left his bedroom for the last 30 years.
I think that's going a bit far now to be fair... No
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 12:15:58 »

I wouldn't doubt reg for one minute. He's a miserable bastard like me but based on empirical evidence but he's not a liar.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 13:13:02 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 12:27:29 »

Am I alone in suddenly being more interested in the football club now were not actually playing football?

Im certainly more optimistic than 2 weeks ago.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 12:52:51 »

What’s all this Reg baiting about? If he thinks we’re still in a dangerous place, he’s entitled to surely. I know most on here are a glass half full type but there’s got to be room for a doomster or 2.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 13:23:03 »

What’s all this Reg baiting about? If he thinks we’re still in a dangerous place, he’s entitled to surely. I know most on here are a glass half full type but there’s got to be room for a doomster or 2.

I think a bit of stick was fair enough as he does go on and on like a stuck fucking record but it probably went a bit far. I'm sure Reg can handle it though...
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 13:50:30 »

Is Horton staying?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 13:54:20 »

Is Horton staying?

You would assume so. He turns 70 during 2018-19 though.

Ain't no way I'm working at 70. No matter what the retirement stats are predicting...!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 14:33:16 »

70! Crikey. What does he do at training? Lace the balls?
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 20:52:36 »

As things stand, most people will be working until they die.

Unless the government decides to have some more wars, in which case we'll have to work for a bit longer than that.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #358 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:19:39 »

You would assume so. He turns 70 during 2018-19 though.

Ain't no way I'm working at 70. No matter what the retirement stats are predicting...!
Horton wasn't PBs assistant at Southend where he favoured ex Town loanee Graham Coughlan with Brian Horton as the clubs football coordinator.

Coughlan is still out of work since the Southen sacking along with PB, I think he may return as coach as long as PB is given full reign of staff appointments.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:21:10 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 21:54:55 »

I think a bit of stick was fair enough as he does go on and on like a stuck fucking record but it probably went a bit far. I'm sure Reg can handle it though...

While Reg does manage to make me bite at times (well done), I'm not one to hold a witch-hunt against Reg. In fact, we've many shared loves (not women), with cricket and a good chunk of the arts amongst several and Reg is a decent one to have a casual intelligent chat with.

Time away from the screen does us all good, and perspective is a wonderful thing. Hearing about L-L's loss, gives you chance to take stock and think about family, etc.

Open forum will always bring diverse opinion, if we wish to live in a more centralised/controlled World maybe open forums just aren't for those types.

Anyway, it wouldn't be the same without a dose of Reg. Even if Reg thinks I'm some terrible young up start.

Even when Reg has long gone, I hope someone creates a "chatbot Reg" so we and future TEF users can eternally argue with the namesake. Who knows? Maybe we already are?

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: