Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135084 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:47:33 »

I don't think I need to seen as Rob T has pretty much done it for me. As Pax also alluded to while your post maybe correct in a literal sense it blatantly ignores all the factors that contributed to Brown's run here (which Rob summed up quite nicely). The fact that you focus constantly on the negatives & never try to project any balance to your post means you lose credibility with me and presumably a number of others on here. It's almost as if you've spent so much time building up an online persona of yourself that you purposely avoid posting anything that might potentially damage the negative perception that you so proudly do your best to maintain.

With respect it's nothing to do with personas etc. I deal in facts as far as I can see them, in the subjective world of football.

If you wish to counter my interpretation of fact than feel free...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:50:15 »

I deal in facts as far as I can see them,

Hmmm Do you have a golden retriever?  Cheesy

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:51:29 »

May have missed it when he was first appointed but I notice there is no scarf above head picture with this appointment - standards are dropping....
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:52:55 »

I'm not in the Brown camp but let's be positive about this.

We have a manager in early, he has seen the dross of the squad, he will know what we need, Taylor and Vigs seem happy with this so hopefully both are with us next season which will be a start for us to rebuild.

It's a shit league so hopefully we can get promoted next season.

Let's get behind the manager and the team.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:58:52 »

With respect it's nothing to do with personas etc. I deal in facts as far as I can see them, in the subjective world of football.

If you wish to counter my interpretation of fact than feel free...
If you were dealing in facts you would have mentioned the facts that Rob alluded to in his post, among the many others, that clearly hamstrung Brown from the time he took over. We'll judge him on his own merit when he has been given sufficient time (with his own squad) to stamp his mark on proceedings. & we'll have to agree to disagree re the persona comment I'm afraid. As I mentioned if you posted just the odd positive comment from time to time it would show that you are maybe, just maybe, looking at things objectively rather than trying to enhance your Victor Meldrew act for the 1 or 2 on here that for some inexplicable reason find it entertaining.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Flashheart

« Reply #290 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:00:24 »

May have missed it when he was first appointed but I notice there is no scarf above head picture with this appointment - standards are dropping....

I don't think we've discovered what his favourite cheese is either yet.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:03:49 »

He's going to take us down.....
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:08:02 »

Extrapolate Phil's record from the 10 games over the course of a season and we're down with the dead men.... therefore he will need to do better.

I don't see how that statement is in any way controversial.... but I'm always open to a counter argument if you want to provide one.
But as been said many times,  this time he'll have his own team,  and whoever it is its got to be better than the shit he inherited from flipflop.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:10:36 »

Extrapolate Phil's record from the 10 games over the course of a season and we're down with the dead men.... therefore he will need to do better.

I don't see how that statement is in any way controversial.... but I'm always open to a counter argument if you want to provide one.

Fortunately we’d still finish above Mansfield, given that Brown mustered more points per game here than your beloved ‘Flitters’ managed there. That’s right, the one who was going to get them automatically promoted.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:14:10 »

Brunost
Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:14:59 »

Brunost

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:31:21 »

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about brown.

But it surely means power has bought into his plan.
It also means we have someone on the player recruitment case immediately.

So I think on balance is good news untill proven otherwise.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:37:17 »

Fortunately we’d still finish above Mansfield, given that Brown mustered more points per game here than your beloved ‘Flitters’ managed there. That’s right, the one who was going to get them automatically promoted.

Good point... they may struggle next season, it does feel like they're perhaps spending money they don't have.

I've no particular love for Flitters, but largely felt he did an OK job and probably left us better off than what he found us.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:39:43 »

The same for any manager.

You know, the squad isn’t that bad individually. It appears the team ethic was a problem. Brown knows by now who needs turfing out, for whatever reason, and Power must have agreed with him. Some must obviously still be contracted, so I presume those that can’t or won’t move on will be sidelined but obviously still paid.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 18:50:56 »

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about brown.

But it surely means power has bought into his plan.
It also means we have someone on the player recruitment case immediately.

So I think on balance is good news untill proven otherwise.

This.

Mainly happier with this appointment than Flitcroft's.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: