Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135087 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 12:53:24 »

Apparently PB is a trained sparky.

This might appeal to Power if any rewiring jobs are needed at the CG and Phil wants to keep his eye in.
Two jobs for the price of one.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 13:41:38 »

Hmm, I hadn't realised he was out Southend for so long.

I just sense that he'd feel 'bigger' than our current position and would jump at a better opportunity.

We all ‘hear’ what you are saying, however, given the way we all are wouldn’t you jump to a better job than you have now? I doubt any gems we find on the pitch are going to hang round either if a big club comes knocking, given our owners penchant for a ‘silly offer’ eh? Then there’s the geezer himself, wouldn’t turn a blind eye to a decent shilling profit from the club once he has seen the maximum return on his investment. Money talks and football is all about money.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 13:43:35 »

Hmm, I hadn't realised he was out Southend for so long.

I just sense that he'd feel 'bigger' than our current position and would jump at a better opportunity.

That is what being a Town fan does to you. However, as stated PB has been pretty loyal with the clubs he's managed. Derby was his first gig and so was 50/50 if it would work and was a big task regardless. Hull and Southend have been stated (5/6years in management anywhere is good going.) He even managed a season at Preston. 4 clubs in 13 years (5 if you include us, if he doesn't get it it'll be merely a caretaker/interim role so I won't count it yet) is very good and it shows he does like to build his own squad and stick around.

It kind of begs the question if LP gave PB a 5 year contract (on a 1 year review/objectives clause) much like LW, where could PB get us in 5 years? Shades of Hull and a new owner as we progress (LP exiting) gives me stupid dreamlike tendencies. Stop it Bamboo! Stop it now!

Mid table Championship in 5 years anyone soapy tit wank  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 16:07:47 »

Right, so the consensus seems to be that I can chill and not expect any news until around mid July.  Phew.

You'd think if it was a flat "no" then that would be released PDQ.
Must be in negotiations then
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 16:12:29 »

You'd think if it was a flat "no" then that would be released PDQ.
Must be in negotiations then

I'm not going to be suckered in.... mid July is a good 10 or 11 weeks away. Close season it is.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 16:19:18 »

With the cracking sunshine over the weekend, negating the need for a tanning session, I’m taking that as a sign he’s staying.
Sir red ken

« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 18:39:47 »

Have we heard whether PB has got the job yet? or are we searching for yet another manager.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 18:44:08 »

Have we heard whether PB has got the job yet? or are we searching for yet another manager.

Do you not think someone would have mentioned it if we had?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Sir red ken

« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 18:57:03 »

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing on the advertiser, I just checked so I'll put 2 and 15 together and say he's too expensive and we're looking for a manager who wants to take a step up from non league. Hopefully bringing some unpolished turds with him or her, or whatever gender they want to be today. There hope that helps.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 19:09:50 »

Pretty sure took the OS 3 days to announce Flitcroft had bailed so who knows
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 19:11:24 »

I’ll go for an announced presser tomorrow to confirm Brown.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 19:51:04 »

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing on the advertiser, I just checked so I'll put 2 and 15 together and say he's too expensive and we're looking for a manager who wants to take a step up from non league. Hopefully bringing some unpolished turds with him or her, or whatever gender they want to be today. There hope that helps.

I like your thinking - we should get a female Manageress in!

The positive PR, and ribbing from opposing teams, would be fun.  Sort of the complete opposite of Di Canio.  I'm sure Sky would fall over themselves to make some sort of poor mans effort at a documentary as well.  If we are going to languish in this division for a while, we may as well be trailblazers.  I'm not suggesting Sheena Easton here though, we'd need to take it seriously.
Amir

« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 19:54:51 »

It's Cherie Lunghi, or no one for me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 19:55:28 »

I can't help bu think her ship has sailed, we should have got in there when her star was rising.
Sir red ken

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 19:55:42 »

I like your thinking - we should get a female Manageress in!

The positive PR, and ribbing from opposing teams, would be fun.  Sort of the complete opposite of Di Canio.  I'm sure Sky would fall over themselves to make some sort of poor mans effort at a documentary as well.  If we are going to languish in this division for a while, we may as well be trailblazers.  I'm not suggesting Sheena Easton here though, we'd need to take it seriously.
Grace Jones would be perfect, African decent, female, far more scary than PDC. If the players slacked off she'd beat the shite out of them. There we've solved the manager problem, whilst getting tons of free median coverage.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: