Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135073 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 15:38:01 »

Absolutely, no point in a football forum if you can't bollocks about football.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 16:09:34 »

I don't think it's a sudden change, but rather a hunch based on the available, or lack thereof, evidence.

It's what football fans do.... all part of the fun.

Ah yes, I forgot this was "fun". You and your constant japes Reggie.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:24:22 »

Ah well, we should find out by Wednesday. Brown and Power have a meeting Tuesday.

I honestly can't think of any reason why he will not be given the job full time - unless Power already has a replacement lined up.
Flashheart

« Reply #168 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:25:59 »

I honestly can't think of any reason why he will not be given the job full time

1 win in 9? I know it's not his team and all that, but still, it's not that hard to think of a reason.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:29:31 »

Wages, length of contact, next season's budget...

Lots of reasons
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:36:48 »

I had been in favour of writing off the end of the season and giving Brown a chance, but his recent press releases where he basically is shifting blame from him to the players and pretty much publically slagging off players etc has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm now thinking it may be time for a fresh start, new manager, new players new beginning.

Great Western Reds can then use that banner again.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:43:48 »

For that reason alone we should change manager at least as often as Leeds do
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:47:53 »

For that reason alone we should change manager at least as often as Leeds do

Its a great banner to be fair.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 09:54:15 »

I had been in favour of writing off the end of the season and giving Brown a chance, but his recent press releases where he basically is shifting blame from him to the players and pretty much publically slagging off players etc has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm now thinking it may be time for a fresh start, new manager, new players new beginning.

See, I'm thinking he's right and half this squad are bottling fucktrumpets who are just picking up a wage without giving a toss. He went up in my estimation for saying what I've been thinking for months.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 10:06:44 »

See, I'm thinking he's right and half this squad are bottling fucktrumpets who are just picking up a wage without giving a toss. He went up in my estimation for saying what I've been thinking for months.

I hear what you are saying, but is it professional airing it in public? Not sure if there is much to gain from it to be honest?

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 10:10:10 »

I like it, we’ve missed someone slagging the players off since Andy King.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 10:18:48 »

I like it, we’ve missed someone slagging the players off since Andy King.
If you exclude Di Canio and Flitcroft, then yes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 10:59:21 »

I absolutely see where you are coming from.

I'm not sure whether to interpret it as you have done, or whether its public posturing to let 'people' know that
  1)  to the deadwood/less committed players, making any future life under Brown would both be unpleasant and futile to stay.
  2)  to Power that investment in the squad is needed and is an expectation of any upcoming negotiations*

* obviously picking up the phone and talking to him has probably happened already..

Then again, it might just be Brown's way.
========
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:11:03 »

I absolutely see where you are coming from.

I'm not sure whether to interpret it as you have done, or whether its public posturing to let 'people' know that
  1)  to the deadwood/less committed players, making any future life under Brown would both be unpleasant and futile to stay.
  2)  to Power that investment in the squad is needed and is an expectation of any upcoming negotiations*

* obviously picking up the phone and talking to him has probably happened already..

Then again, it might just be Brown's way.
========

All great points batch, and can't really argue with anything that you have said.

All managers have different styles and as you say, it could be the way he operates. Clearly it hasn't worked with this group of players but who is to say it won't with an entirely new group?

Dunno, lets suck it and see I suppose.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:15:39 »

And this...

“Ollie Banks won’t play on Saturday. He’s gone back to his parent club. He opened up and said that the players in the dressing room let me down” added Brown.

Well if that is the case then the troubles within must have been deep down and simmering long before Brown took the reigns, which may explain why Flipflop flipped off, he probably saw what we have ended up achieving (fuck all in reality) coming.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: