Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135065 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 17:33:23 »

We were told we had a competitive budgie, but not one of the big hitters.  So in other words spending the most of the season there or thereabouts what you'd expect.

Fellas like Wise and Poyet don't just work for beans... Diamond Mike was probably paying them money we didn't have.

Power has shown no sign of pushing the boat out to get a "name" I doubt he's going to start now, especially as he's stated his exit relies on getting the ground.

Probably the only chance we have of winning anything in the next 5 years is with our competitive budgie.... 😊

In answer to the thread title I have to say that even after 10 pints it would have to be a no from me, orange fake tans just don't do it for me.... 😉
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 17:35:03 »

I very much doubt the money would be the only motivation. I expect some have ambition as well.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 27, 2018, 12:14:38 »

I do wonder though if Power was interested in appointing Brown would he have not started negotiations by now knowing the season is effectively over ?
Allowing Brown to have a say on the retained list and a head start on reshaping things on and off the pitch as he may want for e.g. a sports scientist and new physio so needs time to recruit etc.

On the flip side Power could be sounding out others or taking soundings from other's in the game about which way to turn as theoretically he has not appointed a decent manager since the fall out with Cooper.

I hope he makes that decision soon instead of leaving it as long as he did with Flitcroft
 but time will tell.
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 27, 2018, 12:15:48 »

I do wonder though if Power was interested in appointing Brown would he have not started negotiations by now knowing the season is effectively over ?

How do you know he hasn't?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 27, 2018, 15:26:57 »

How do you know he hasn't?

From Brown's recent comments it does not sound that way
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 27, 2018, 19:21:35 »

This all strikes me as the foundations of Brown’s pending appointment.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 08:08:24 »

Yes I’d have assumed that, if Brown was going to go, he’d already have gone, with someone like McLoughlin taking the final games.
Sir red ken

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 16:57:50 »

I know we're not going to get anyone better than PB but results don't lie and our form is now bottom 2 since he took over. Not much he could do about the squad but we are worse now than when Flipflop left. Hobsons choice.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 17:25:02 »

I know we're not going to get anyone better than PB but results don't lie and our form is now bottom 2 since he took over. Not much he could do about the squad but we are worse now than when Flipflop left. Hobsons choice.

The thing is you’ll never know what our results would have been have flipflop not flippedoff.
Sir red ken

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 18:02:29 »

The thing is you’ll never know what our results would have been have flipflop not flippedoff.
Your right we can't know whether it would have been bettter,worse or the same if Flipflop hadn't flippedoff.Which means we can only judge the results on PB's time in charge,which as been relegation fodder. It must have our chairman creaming his pants, he loves a good relegation. Remind me again how long has he been at the club and where are we with regards to the 5 year plan?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 19:30:15 »

Your right we can't know whether it would have been bettter,worse or the same if Flipflop hadn't flippedoff.Which means we can only judge the results on PB's time in charge,which as been relegation fodder. It must have our chairman creaming his pants, he loves a good relegation. Remind me again how long has he been at the club and where are we with regards to the 5 year plan?

Remind me again how long has he been at the club and where are we with regards to the 5 year plan?

Based on the fact we have not had a specific one to one conversation, I cannot remind you. Maybe you should be venting your spleen to the grand fromage himself, rather than a fellow supporter with 45 years of suffering at the same club under his belt.

You have to distance yourself from the Power spin in as much as his five year plan is to make as much money as he can from our club. Then the next five years a repeat of the previous five etc, etc. If it looks like a barra boy, sands like a barra boy, acts like a barra boy then what conclusions can you draw?

Here is a clue to the next five years, look back at the last five. To put that into a greater historical light when I started to follow Swindon we were in the third division. Dave Mackay had dismantled the league cup team, the club were in debt, sold back the ground to the council, eventually sold off the Shrivenham Road training ground. 45 years later, where are we? Yes, that’s right pretty much where I started. Third spell in division four a fleeting spell in division two and a blink of an eye in division one.

Which brings me into the fag end of this season and the hope springs eternal thoughts for next season. Back in August most on here thought Flipflop was a decent appointment. On a way form we should have been promoted befor Easter, sadly at home we should have been relegated before Easter. The mean average is mid table mediocrity which is where we will sort of finish.

The one decent thing to come from Flipflop going is that Matt Taylor did not start any fledgling managers career on the back of being slaughtered every week till May. I doubt any manager at our level would have gotten us over the line into the P.O. Even so could you realistically seen us going to Wembley? I couldn’t let alone win promotion.

I realise your reply contains an element of sarcasm and I clearly understand that, you just have to hope like all of us that between now and August Power gets it right. It is his money after all, though it is our club, it will still be after he has gone. If you don’t like it don’t go, simple really as previously stated we gave up out three ST after PNE. Nothing I have seen since would make me do it again (we don’t have the time at the present to follow home and away sadly, given time we will but not near term) which is sad. It would be excruciating to be away from SN1 while we are on a decent roll, but we’re not.

So I still believe and listening to Brown after today that he is the person to do a job as there are clearly many underlying issues at the club, which brings my last word tonight. Flipflop knew he fucked up, big style. I bet he couldn’t thank enough deities in the heavens for his good fortune to fuck off up north. Fire frying pan springs to mind, he left a rudderless ship heading for the sirens and the jagged rocks, so if captain Flipflop didn’t think we were going up what chance Brown or Taylor or any out of contract manager?

Enjoy your weekend, it’s only football.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 19:47:03 »

‘Enjoy your weekend, it’s only football’

How apt this phrase is these days!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 19:52:14 »

Here is a clue to the next five years, look back at the last five. To put that into a greater historical light when I started to follow Swindon we were in the third division. Dave Mackay had dismantled the league cup team, the club were in debt, sold back the ground to the council, eventually sold off the Shrivenham Road training ground. 45 years later, where are we? Yes, that’s right pretty much where I started. Third spell in division four a fleeting spell in division two and a blink of an eye in division one.

The club have never owned the CG, or the A ground. We've always been skint.
Sir red ken

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 20:20:23 »

Based on the fact we have not had a specific one to one conversation, I cannot remind you. Maybe you should be venting your spleen to the grand fromage himself, rather than a fellow supporter with 45 years of suffering at the same club under his belt.

Yep maybe I should be venting my spleen at the grand Fromage. When it comes to suffering I've put in a shift almost as long as yours. I've had joy beyond belief but so much more sadness, to the point where I sometimes wounder why I bover. The  reason I do is most likely the same as many town supporters, my father bothered. He bothered to take me for years through thick and thin,even when we didn't have much money,for that reason I'm forever cursed with being a town fan. Going back to Brown I don't think he can get anymore from this squad but if he stays can he build and motivate a better one? Where's the funding coming from and who's going to want to join us. If there's a wholesale change at the club we may stand a chance of moving upwards again but at the moment we can only look down.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 20:20:36 »

‘Enjoy your weekend, it’s only football’

How apt this phrase is these days!

Indeed, when one looks at the world as a whole, it is only football.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: