Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 134713 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 08:41:19 »

That’ll please Chalkies
One less Scummer at the CG is always something to rejoice. Purkiss going as well. The only questionable one now is Taylor and that's been done to death whether he is or not and whether people believe he is or isn't.
For my sins, I think he is but then I'm in the application of the old ducking stool methodology in investigating accusations of Scummery. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 09:00:53 »

The only questionable one now is Taylor and that's been done to death whether he is or not and whether people believe he is or isn't.
For my sins, I think he is but then I'm in the application of the old ducking stool methodology in investigating accusations of Scummery. 
That does depend on whether you believe him as he stated as much in an interview with Shaun Hodgetts just after he signed.

The audio is available still to download somewhere I am sure, but he did state that a lot of his wifes family are Pox fans but he most definately isn't, which is good enough for me.

But each to their own, For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 10:19:03 »

Better still,  ring in to the phone in tonight on Wiltshire sound,  6-7, and ask the questions yourself !.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 10:21:28 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 14:59:26 »

I imagine with Horton gone (who was probably just a temporary fix for PB at short notice) that should pave way for Graham Coughlan to come in as PB looks to not only build his own playing team but his own managerial team to. I'd imagine Coughlan will roll up here. That being the case, it will further cement a tour of the Republic of Ireland. Surely? Coughlan has RoI roots and I'm sure PB enjoys a Guiness or two.

If Reg fancies a trip and the Town play Waterford in a friendly then he'll have chance to visit his namesakes tower in the city. Ahh bliss Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 15:36:38 »

If Reg fancies a trip and the Town play Waterford in a friendly then he'll have chance to visit his namesakes tower in the city. Ahh bliss Smiley

What there's a 'Miserable Bastard' Tower in Waterford?Huh?  Hmmm Wink
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:21:07 »

Was there any news on the phone in regarding whether or not any of the contract offers have been accepted/rejected?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:24:49 »

Was there any news on the phone in regarding whether or not any of the contract offers have been accepted/rejected?

He said he was hopeful that 3 would be settled by this weekend. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:39:18 »

I think Taylor will do his coaching badges with us this season and do a lot of coaching (as he seemed to do this season) which will be a good grounding for his future career but yes I think assistant may be a bit too soon for him, unless PB thinks otherwise of course.
Taylor already has a fifa pro licence, is that the same sort of thing?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:50:16 »

Taylor already has a fifa pro licence, is that the same sort of thing?
I know he had taken his UEFA C badge I didn't know he had taken the UEFA Pro, then he won't be taking any more badges with us then if that is true.

I have found this from March.

"I've done my coaching badges, I'm currently on the pro license so that's the plan, but it's finding time to fit it all in which is tough because my main focus on the moment is playing but I'm not going to continue playing forever.

"You have to make plans for after you career finishes. I've spoken to lots of players that have recently finished and I didn't want to be one of these players that wasn't prepared for life after football.

"That's vitally important to me, I'm a very energetic person, I couldn't wake up in the morning and have no purpose so I've taken time out of my life the last seven or eight years to complete my coaching badges with the FA and I'm really enjoying it."
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:52:20 by Peter Venkman » Logged

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 14:20:49 »

I don't think we've discovered what his favourite cheese is either yet.
According to what he said on the radio the other night,  blue vein and the bluer the better - case solved.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 14:28:44 »

I know he had taken his UEFA C badge
Do you mean UEFA A license?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #431 on: Thursday, May 24, 2018, 08:12:55 »

Do you mean UEFA A license?
Possibly, I know hes got his basic FA and UEFA coaching licences/badges but according to that article was still trying to get the Pro one, which is obviously the highest qualification currently.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Thursday, May 24, 2018, 16:15:38 »

I thought Brown mentioned in the phone in that it would be a major coup having three of them with a pro licence. I assumed he meant himself, his new assistant & Matty Taylor
Panda Paws

« Reply #433 on: Thursday, May 24, 2018, 16:29:07 »

I thought Brown mentioned in the phone in that it would be a major coup having three of them with a pro licence. I assumed he meant himself, his new assistant & Matty Taylor

That's how I read it too
Peter Venkman

« Reply #434 on: Thursday, May 24, 2018, 18:13:13 »

Could well be, he must have completed it since the article in March then, I still haven't listened to the interview yet but I do hope to.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: