Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Teams that Have Been in Premier League and Dropped to Third Tier  (Read 19238 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 17:08:26 »

IIRC AFC Wimbledon are now accepted by both clubs to be the legitimate successor club, part of the "peace treaty" deal they struck a few years back
That's fair enough but it doesn't change the fact that Franchise were the actual club that played in the PL. Sentiment shouldn't really come into it!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 17:36:20 »

I have just looked at every table since the Premier League started and definitely didn’t come across M.K Dons at any point?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 17:51:19 »

That's fair enough but it doesn't change the fact that Franchise were the actual club that played in the PL. Sentiment shouldn't really come into it!

Franchise started off in Div 3. They've been nowhere near the Prem...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 18:54:34 »

My point is they clearly replaced Wimbledon within the overall structure. I know where you're both coming from & what the general consensus is but ultimately the old Wimbledon are now Franchise in the sense that they took their place in the league.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 19:36:34 »

My point is they clearly replaced Wimbledon within the overall structure. I know where you're both coming from & what the general consensus is but ultimately the old Wimbledon are now Franchise in the sense that they took their place in the league.

Took their place.... but ultimately not their club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 19:58:35 »

The old Wimbledon are now AFC Wimbledon. Franchise stole their place in the league, they didn't earn the history. That stays with Wimbledon
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 20:23:42 »

Anyway, I got 16.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 20:41:55 »

Whilst on the subject of Franchise. They’ve been relegated tonight. Shame.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 20:50:08 »

Barring a GD miracle.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 21:06:47 »

The old Wimbledon are now AFC Wimbledon. Franchise stole their place in the league, they didn't earn the history. That stays with Wimbledon
Sentimentally, yes. Technically, not. I hate it as much as everybody else but AFC Wimbledon & Wimbledon aren't the same club.

Amir

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 21:15:54 »

The one bright spot in an appalling season. Their customers are quite fond of us if I remember correctly?

As for the quiz, I think I got 5. I got pissed off when it accepted Bolton but not Swindon, and I'm sure I spelt Sheffield Wednesday right considering I used predictive text. Bunch of cunts.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 21:19:00 »

So from the promotion chasing teams from League One in 2014/5, Franchise went to the Championship and are now in League Two with us. Chesterfield lost to Preston at home on the night we won at Sheffield Utd and are now Non League. Shows how quickly a club can unwind from a seemingly successful position.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 21:24:14 »

So from the promotion chasing teams from League One in 2014/5, Franchise went to the Championship and are now in League Two with us. Chesterfield lost to Preston at home on the night we won at Sheffield Utd and are now Non League. Shows how quickly a club can unwind from a seemingly successful position.

...and Blades are in a comfortable position in the championship and Preston could still sneak in the play offs. A certain Billy Bodin could well be a Premier League player next season. Wasn't long ago he was playing for Turkey Utd and deemed not quite developed enough for us. Torquay will be playing in the National League South next season.

Football. It's a funny old game.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 21:53:04 »

I did that today and one I missed was Man City....I don't remember them in third tier after the premiership.

Clems Army!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 21:57:34 »

I did that today and one I missed was Man City....I don't remember them in third tier after the premiership.

The last 10 minutes or so if that Play-Off Final against Gillingham was glorious chaos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Football_League_Second_Division_play-off_Final
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: