Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Coe .....  (Read 29141 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:34:19 »

mr David Coe.. arrogant little shit apparently,

You might be mixing him up with Sebastian...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:42:12 »

You might be mixing him up with Sebastian...
Clap Clap
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 19:01:59 »

Haha no (but you knew that really Wink) mr David Coe.. arrogant little shit apparently, never got on with him. Be surprised if he's magically become rich enough in the time since he was working beneath my father, who certainly isn't rich, but you never know!

Haha, well he my have worked on behalf of Tansmedia at some point. Unwittingly nonetheless.

Strange things are in the world of business. Quite possibly Mr D Coe, no matter how arrogant could have been biding his time or had other investments beyond his control (in terms of growth). Potentially they may have matured and he's now looking to reinvest somewhere. All that being said, if I had to give any useful advice I would say don't invest in football for profit. I always use football investment as akin to buying a boat. You will rarely get any profit, will be continually having work done on it to keep it afloat, and you really have to love it. Oh and never expect it to give you anything back.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 19:50:37 »

I'd be surprised if he had the money to buy the club.

SJP might charge extortionate fees, but not that extortionate.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 09:20:46 »

Is he part of the Nicky Hammond consortium?

Cheesy
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 10:29:09 »

No idea who he is but if his business address is where he lives (Broome Manor Lane) then he's got a £1 million house.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 10:43:17 »

No idea who he is but if his business address is where he lives (Broome Manor Lane) then he's got a £1 million house.

There's not many £1m houses on Broome Manor Lane..  That's the road on the way into the gates area..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 10:47:28 »

It's just an office address.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 11:02:17 »

It's just an office address.

Lives there as well.  Hence why I wondered if he had the money.  Got like a private road that leads to his house and all sorts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 11:30:43 »

Lives there as well.  Hence why I wondered if he had the money.  Got like a private road that leads to his house and all sorts.

Willie Carson has 150 acres out at Ampney Crucis, but he wasn't much use.

Having a few mill these days isn't really enough to own a football club.  Power obviously thinks that as an ex player who likes to duck and dive, he could work round the pitfalls. But he's failed, I would say honourably, but time for him to move on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 11:31:26 »

Why cannot he afford to buy the club, wasn't the going rate £1 last time, we could have had a whip round.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 11:49:00 »

Why cannot he afford to buy the club, wasn't the going rate £1 last time, we could have had a whip round.

Because Power will sell it for a pound Smiley

"ya knooow Shaun, when I took over it was on it knees. I've put in 6 squillion quid and I only want 10 squillion back. Proof? That's one for my accountant"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 11:56:48 »

Because Power will sell it for a pound Smiley

"ya knooow Shaun, when I took over it was on it knees. I've put in 6 squillion quid and I only want 10 squillion back. Proof? That's one for my accountant"

Not sure what its actually worth (how do you value a football club with few assets), he is going to want his cash back and no doubt a premium for having his cash tied up here for 3-4 years - the club is very asset poor and even the ground comes with the caveat of all the cash being required to go back to Black if development ever occurs.

I suspect that he is stuck with us, and us with him for now - I cannot really see any appeal for him to stick around what with the success at Waterford which looks to be creating some return and is not the basket case that Swindon is....
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 12:06:02 »

Just listened to the BBC Wilts show from Friday at the legends dinner.

Dave Mitchell said he knew people in Australia who were interested ..... Announce Harold Bishop!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 12:48:33 »

Just listened to the BBC Wilts show from Friday at the legends dinner.

Dave Mitchell said he knew people in Australia who were interested ..... Announce Harold Bishop!

A Harold Bishop and Alf Stewart collaboration dream team. "Forwards, you flaming galah"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: