Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Grimsby matchday thread  (Read 31407 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 12:23:37 »

Most important though is Henry who needs games and Moore and RCC have both looked poor.

That's a bit harsh on Moore and RCC, they're both playing in a division well above their skill level.
If we were non league then they'd be OK reserve keepers.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 12:30:58 »

Most important though is Henry who needs games and Moore and RCC have both looked poor.

That's a bit harsh on Moore and RCC, they're both playing in a division well above their skill level.
If we were non league then they'd be OK reserve keepers.

I take it that was from my quote?

I personally think RCC and Moore look no better than reserve keepers and almost every side we have played in this league their keepers have looked better than those 2 with few exceptions.

Coventry fans did warn us when we signed RCC about his limitations and how he cost them about 30 goals from his own individual errors in the last couple of seasons, that had been born out as true for us too.

Also that Barrow fans were not bothered that they released Stuart Moore who they considered not good enough to hold down a regular place at Conference level and Luton fans said he wa one of their worst keepers they had ever signed, he has played a couple of games when I genuinely thought he looked ok and others when he has looked like a rabbit in the headlights and his kicking is terrible.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 13:05:29 »

Looking forward to seeing some young uns, as others have said. Might just as well try them out. Also Henry if he's fit.

ust be the oldest
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 13:16:10 »

Every time Henry has donned his gloves for us, he's looked utter garbage... I have no idea where the idea of him possessing any competence whatsoever has come from

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 13:23:39 »

I thought Moore made some good saves last week, his distribution was bad on the other hand. Charles-Cook is absolute rubbish

I come from a land down-under
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 13:24:20 »

Every time Henry has donned his gloves for us, he's looked utter garbage... I have no idea where the idea of him possessing any competence whatsoever has come from

When i saw him play against Shrewsbury (last match of 15-16) he looked ok that day, that's the only time i've seen him play though. I'd give him a few games, see what he's like. The other two options don't seem much better
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 13:55:21 »

A lot of the optimism about his level of ability comes from him being called up to England at U20 level and if the coaches have seen enough to call him up then that means a lot more to me than 99% of all fans verdicts.

Irrelevant anyway as hes not even made the bench today.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 13:56:47 »

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:00:55 »

Vigoroux tweet about Flitcroft is fairly interesting

'I don’t hate anyone on this planet except for that man and his sidekick, I will say what I want.. They didn’t put you through what they put me through 👍🏽, they made me hate going into work, made me hate what I worked so hard to do my whole life.'

Never knowingly overstated.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:13:35 »

Vigoroux tweet about Flitcroft is fairly interesting

'I don’t hate anyone on this planet except for that man and his sidekick, I will say what I want.. They didn’t put you through what they put me through 👍🏽, they made me hate going into work, made me hate what I worked so hard to do my whole life.'

I don't get why people are having a go at him for having a pop at Flitcroft.  He can say what he wants, in the same way that our fans do every week on twitter..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:14:46 »

Romanski struggling a bit. Physically tough  for him. not having a go, just an observation.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:24:30 »

Romanski struggling a bit. Physically tough  for him. not having a go, just an observation.
He is growing into the game a bit but he needs to add a bit more strength to his armoury.

McGivern winning most balls in the air but his long ball distribution is terrible.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:26:11 »

Typical Div 4 match, a few chances, nothing much clear cut and very little quality on either side.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:26:51 »

yeah starting to settle now
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 14:30:31 »

Grimsby player nearly clears the CGH from 20 yards out, awful shot.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: