Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Grimsby matchday thread  (Read 31409 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 07:38:42 »

Can't believe no-one has started one.

2.1 win for me today as am having a rare outing at the CG.
 Pint

Not sure what the 93 squad will make of the current one  Hmmm
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 07:44:51 »

Sorry, didn't see your post when I started one. A victory would be very, very welcome.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 08:47:48 »

I know of at least 2 people who are in Swindon today that are not bothering going to the football today despite the incredibly generous 」3.07 discounted ticket prices.

I think we all know how today goes, Grimsby are awful and we are now really, literally on last chance saloon for the play offs (and relying on a Lincoln and Mansfield collapse) and so you would expect we would go out and give Grimsby a damn good thrashing......

But this is 2018 Swindon at home. A limp 1-1 draw.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:01:12 »

Although there's not much in this game for us.... it's massive for Grimsby.

The bit that is in it for us, is very much a perception thing.

We could do with a win, in order to lift the gloom about how next season might work out.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:14:00 »

Grimsby are fighting for thier L2 survival and badly need a win which will guarantee them safety if Barnet fail win at home to Newport.

Their current form is LDLWD.

We still have a minute chance of reaching the play offs but even if we win our last 3 games it now totally out of our own hands and probably not even THE most optimistic Town fan honestly thinks we can still make it so it depends on the character of the players.

Some are playing for their Swindon futures, I doubt that even 5 of our starting line up today will start our first game of next season.

I would like to see Henry and Romanski start at least one of the last 3 games so we can see what they have about them.

I have no problem giving Twine a starting slot in every game until the end of the season as he has to start somewhere and has shown some glimpses of good quality especially playing wide left and also a lot of what you would expect from aplayer of his age, bad decisions, sitting back and watching the game go on around him etc but thats to be expected at this level being thrown in at the deep end.

Most important though is Henry who needs games and Moore and RCC have both looked poor.

Nothing much to lose today not much to gain either.

2-1 defeat with Richards scoring a penalty.

5,455 crowd with 354 Grims there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:14:08 »

Going to the game but couldn't really give much of a fuck about it. Hopefully we'll see a couple of our young uns. The score is pretty irrelevant. Last time I saw Grimsby was when brez did his arm. Up to that point he was brilliant. After injury and Granville getting the goaly coach job he was ordinary to crap. Those first few games though it looked like we had a top keeper.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:15:49 »

Henry has the makings of a good keeper. I'd happily see him, twine and romanski see the season out.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:26:36 »

Henry has the makings of a good keeper. I'd happily see him, twine and romanski see the season out.
Absolutely, nothing to lose really.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:40:37 »

What about Iandolo? Or is he injured?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:51:44 »

Hes not been on the bench since the home defeat to Cheltnumb, not sure if PB doesn't rate him or hes injured.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:52:25 »

Iandolo is an interesting one. He's got something about him but hasn't been able to nail down a spot. I'd happily keep him. He's got a decent left foot but he can't play wing back. He's got to be in the mid or winger.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:55:44 »

I'm going, think we win 2-0. Looking forward to seeing some of the youngsters play.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 11:08:00 »

Iandolo is an interesting one. He's got something about him but hasn't been able to nail down a spot. I'd happily keep him. He's got a decent left foot but he can't play wing back. He's got to be in the mid or winger.
He is an awful wing back but going forward he looks pretty good, as you say a wide midfielder or left winger with a decent left back behind him and he could be an asset.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 11:09:32 »

I wonder if we/he doesn稚 know his best position yet. He痴 still young and learning and perhaps next season he値l really come of age, hopefully with Tom Smith in the side as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 11:50:45 »

Can't believe no-one has started one.

2.1 win for me today as am having a rare outing at the CG.
 Pint

Not sure what the 93 squad will make of the current one  Hmmm

If they donned their boots today they壇 piss all over them still.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: