Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 8767 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 11:34:22 »

Nope

Given a choice I’ll take winning over style

It'll be interesting to see the gate on Saturday... every chance it will be the lowest ever for a game v Grimsby at the CG.

However a prime contender for that dishonour is the 5759,  who turned up in our Championship promotion to Prem under Hoddle season.  I think the feeling was that we played a bit too much football, which didn't get too many wins.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:05:30 »

That was a season of two halves in terms of attendances, they were low for a good few games and then started hitting 10k plus after Christmas time ish (without checking the font of all knowledge).  The last few boosted further by the offer of priority on play off final tickets, which was a bit presumptious but effective enough that I bought two tickets for the West Ham game (I accidentally used the first one at the Leicester game).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:18:28 »

That was a season of two halves in terms of attendances, they were low for a good few games and then started hitting 10k plus after Christmas time ish (without checking the font of all knowledge).  The last few boosted further by the offer of priority on play off final tickets, which was a bit presumptious but effective enough that I bought two tickets for the West Ham game (I accidentally used the first one at the Leicester game).

Essentially we started winning fairly regularly, so people come to watch.  Previously the prospect of just watching Hoddle and Mickey Hazard, 2 of England's finest players of the era, insufficient.

That year we won 21 games, this so far 19, it's probably why gates had stood up reasonably well this season.  Had Flitters remained and we carried on the winning home form, with a promotion push a prospect we could have seeen some tidy gates. Now we've stalled and had 1 win in 8 since his departure gates will reflect that.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:33:26 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:09:37 »

It'll be interesting to see the gate on Saturday... every chance it will be the lowest ever for a game v Grimsby at the CG.

However a prime contender for that dishonour is the 5759,  who turned up in our Championship promotion to Prem under Hoddle season.  I think the feeling was that we played a bit too much football, which didn't get too many wins.

Even with the fantastic offer of tickets reduced to £19.93?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:12:56 »

Even with the fantastic offer of tickets reduced to £19.93?

Is this some sort of 25 years of PO thing?   I know there's a dinner, I declined an invite.... no going back.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:27:51 »

I think I paid something like 8 quid for the Grimsby game that season.  Not sure inflation covers the price increase since, especially as the product itself has decline a little in the meantime.  If we get the same attendance I guess it supports the fact that price has nearly nothing to do with attendance unless drastic.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:49:12 »

Is this some sort of 25 years of PO thing?   I know there's a dinner, I declined an invite.... no going back.

Yeah that's exactly it.

I think I paid something like 8 quid for the Grimsby game that season.  Not sure inflation covers the price increase since, especially as the product itself has decline a little in the meantime.  If we get the same attendance I guess it supports the fact that price has nearly nothing to do with attendance unless drastic.

I think the club missed a bit of a trick with doing a 25 year offer. I personally think they should have reduced tickets to 1993 prices (thanks for confirming what they are) which surely would have got way more bums on seats than a frankly feeble £3.07 price offer which isn't going to do anything for crowd numbers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:53:12 »

Yeah that's exactly it.

I think the club missed a bit of a trick with doing a 25 year offer. I personally think they should have reduced tickets to 1993 prices (thanks for confirming what they are) which surely would have got way more bums on seats than a frankly feeble £3.07 price offer which isn't going to do anything for crowd numbers.

I'm surprised they didn't say 25 years let's call it £25 a ticket...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 15:00:02 »

Clap

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 15:02:34 »

.... and sign Frank McAvennie as a non contract player just for this game.  Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 15:18:30 »

.... and sign Frank McAvennie as a non contract player just for this game.  Smiley

That would have the crowd snorting with laughter.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 15:24:09 »

Could we get Shaun Close to play upfront for the game?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 16:27:06 »

I saw Shaun Close score after less than a minute to put us 1 up at the Manor Ground in 1992.  We then went on to lose 5-3.  He was God for about 3 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: