Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 8770 times)
Sir red ken

« on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 16:37:46 »

Not discounting our current PB as manager, come the end of this season we could be looking for a new boss! Now I know what song we want to sing and that the Robins should be changed to the moonrakers, but who do we want as manager for next season? dream away STFC fans
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 16:43:13 »

As the present borefest of a season is still in its death throes I honestly can’t be arsed to think about next season, any new manager, any replacement tosspots we may sign.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 17:06:19 »

A player-manager. Somebody retiring from the premiership, completely untested in management.

We've tried the solid, no-nonsense approach and we got lots of nonsense and no solidity. Let's take a risk. Let's have some fun.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 17:28:02 »

Not discounting our current PB as manager, come the end of this season we could be looking for a new boss! Now I know what song we want to sing and that the Robins should be changed to the moonrakers, but who do we want as manager for next season? dream away STFC fans
Excuse gloom and negativity (it will soon pass to unfounded optimism) but my new song (right now) would be

You're so shit,
you probably think this song is about you,
You're so shit,
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you?
Don't you

etc
Sir red ken

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 18:15:52 »

Excuse gloom and negativity (it will soon pass to unfounded optimism) but my new song (right now) would be

You're so shit,
you probably think this song is about you,
You're so shit,
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you?
Don't you

etc
Yeah that about sums up where we're at. It's sad that such a song is a reflection of our current plight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 18:49:09 »

As the present borefest of a season is still in its death throes I honestly can’t be arsed to think about next season, any new manager, any replacement tosspots we may sign.

This.

But I'd rather go for an up and coming manager looking to take the next step, or a Luggy type (not that I know who that would be).
Sir red ken

« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 19:53:22 »

Everyone I want would fall into the realms of fantasy,not becaue they wouldn't come but because there's no way LP would dig deep to pay them. Which means that if Brown leaves at the end of this season, we'll be starting next season with Matt Taylor and a sprinkling of loans. There's a lot of players that would fit into the player manager category and perhaps lift the gloom, if only we'd give them a chance. However with the exception of our current manager, LP always promotes from within so its Matt Taylor and we'll bring back Williams as assistant manager.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 21:01:27 »

This.

But I'd rather go for an up and coming manager looking to take the next step, or a Luggy type (not that I know who that would be).

Ah the ‘Up and coming manager’ conundrum. We’ve been there before haven’t we? Worth considering that when we have had them they’ve not hung round for long whether successful or not. When basking in the glories it is invariably the carnage they leave behind that’s the most painful part to swallow. Macari, Hoddle, beady eyed shortarse & Poyet, Ardiles, lest we forget Di Canio and McMahon. You will ALL have the ‘ah but’ replies to this post and I am in no way advocating that we don’t go for one just be mindful of what can go wrong as well as right.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 05:44:42 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 22:04:59 »

However with the exception of our current manager, LP always promotes from within

So basically he always does except when he doesn't. Great point

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 07:41:42 »

I may be in the minority but I want PB to stay, I think we have seen enough that with his own players coming in and getting rid of the deadwood then we could be a much better team next season.

Unfortunately I think PB is treating this as a temporary appointment and that a club in a higher division may well poach him away in the Summer so I hope Power acts quickly, certainly by the end of the season, end of May at the latest whether he makes him an offer he can't refuse to stay or not.

If PB does leave I don't know what way we should go, a Luggy type manager (basically as PB is) with lower league experience or go with an up and coming new manager and take more of a risk, as Crawley have done with Kewell, or do we appoint from within with Taylor?

If Taylor is appointed will he keep the players around him he has already got and try and make it work? because I don't think it will, he will need a clean slate, get rid of some players who may be mates of his which could be difficult, I don't know how ruthless he could be as a manager.

I still hope that PB does stay as I think his style could suit this league if he gets in his own players, so its down to if Power trusts PB and PB trusts Power.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 07:47:56 »

Plus, our last non-caretaker internal appointment was Iffy, wasn't it?
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 07:58:48 »

Ling was not an internal appointment.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 09:00:13 »

Have to think short term now. If the managers shit he'll get sacked, if he's any good he'll more than likely fuck off... So someone that can get us up, for me, would be more ideal.

I wouldn't mind Brown. Bar Newport, it's been much better to watch and so far he's been refreshingly honest in his interviews. 1 win in 7 doesn't look good but in all honesty, we've missed some sitters in some of those games and should've really won another 3 or 4 of them. If it isn't Brown I won't be upset either and if I had to choose someone I'd go for someone like Garrard at Borehamwood who's doing a great job with limited resources.

Problem is every appointment is a risk. What do the Town fans want? They didn't like the football under Cooper / Williams... They didn't like it under Flitcroft... So who knows. I guess all we want is a manager who wins all the time!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 09:03:19 »

I'm not going to think about, until we know about PB.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 09:08:10 »

Ling was not an internal appointment.
Also, Flitcroft wasn’t an internal appointment.
So, with the exception of our current manager, David Flitcroft and Martin Ling, Power always promotes from within.
Which leaves Williams, and I cant remember if Cooper was Jed or Power, if it’s it’s Jed it means Power has promoted internally once.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: