Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport  (Read 17357 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 10:17:35 »

I doubt there are any County fans who think they'll make te PO's, but managers have to say these things.

You are right, their fans are not overly happy about how its going, here is some bits from their forum.
They need to turn over Swinetown next week - they are the devil's team and losing to them will ruin the weekend.

Who else in our division would offer Nouble a contract after the way he has performed Huh?
I can tell you , nobody would

Nouble doesn't look interested **** him off I'm sorry I'm not renewing my season ticket we are awful to watch

For the last three months results have been awful. Off the side of a cliff awful.

Thier form recently has been DDLLLLDDDWDLDL so just the 1 win in the last 15 games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 10:22:32 »

IMO Newport were the poorest side that we have played yet still beat us at the CG, but they kept on trying and pushing even though they lacked quality and did a real smash and grab with Tozers late goal winning the game.

We should have a healthy following there on Saturday lets hope the players don't let us down and we can do the same to them what they did to us back in November to keep the play off dream alive.

I do remember they were a quite dirty side with Labadie being very bad and Tozer having a 50 yard throw in aimed at Nouble which was their main form of attack.

That game was probably the worst I've ever seen in terms of a lack of quality from both sides, and should have been a sackable offence for both managers!

I can still picture their left back approaching the bouncing ball with plenty of time and space, with no other intent than to belt it as hard, high and long as possible. Eddie Waring would have described it as an "Up ‘n’ under".

Hoping for a better game on Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 10:27:26 »

Swinetown? Oh my

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 10:35:41 »

That game was probably the worst I've ever seen in terms of a lack of quality from both sides, and should have been a sackable offence for both managers!

I can still picture their left back approaching the bouncing ball with plenty of time and space, with no other intent than to belt it as hard, high and long as possible. Eddie Waring would have described it as an "Up ‘n’ under".

Hoping for a better game on Saturday.
I don't remember that specific hoof but IIRC all their defence wanted to do was hoog it as high and as far as they could up to Nouble.

Anyone would think Westley was still their manager!

I would settle for another poor game if it meant a win for us at this stage TBH.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 10:37:15 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 13:14:21 »

Approximately 900 sold for this so far.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 13:15:08 »

Approximately 900 sold for this so far.
Not bad with one day left for pre sales and now its pay on the day we should easily break 1,000.

dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 15:56:09 »

Afternoon all,

by virtue of two friends buying tickets and now not being able to go, I've got two spare adult tickets for the un-covered seating behind the goal. They cost us £18 each, but would be willing to flog 'em for £12-15 each if it means we get some money back for 'em?

Get in touch? Can give 'em to you ahead of the game in Newport.... or you can come and pick them up from my gaff in Swindon? Cheers.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 18:58:16 »

Was gonna go, but there's a cheese festival walking distance from my house...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 09:56:18 »

I see the referee for Saturday is Charles Brakespear who this season has officiated 43 matched from L1 and L2 and given 9 penalties, 16 red card of which 8 were straight red cards and 149 yellows!

He has yet to ref a Swindon match so far but has had 2 games with Newport a 1-1 draw with Mansfield and a 2-0 defeat sending off 1 player and booking 10 others in those 2 games.

Sounds a bit card happy.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 13, 2018, 11:13:36 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 10:13:57 »

I see the referee for Saturday is Charles Shakespear who this season has officiated 43 matched from L1 and L2 and given 9 penalties, 16 red card of which 8 were straight red cards and 149 yellows!

He has yet to ref a Swindon match so far but has had 2 games with Newport a 1-1 draw with Mansfield and a 2-0 defeat sending off 1 player and booking 10 others in those 2 games.

Sounds a bit card happy.
A player the be sent off is 9/2. Both teams to have a player sent off is 40/1.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 10:14:27 »

I see the referee for Saturday is Charles Shakespear who this season has officiated 43 matched from L1 and L2 and given 9 penalties, 16 red card of which 8 were straight red cards and 149 yellows!

Sounds a bit card happy.

Presumably you mean Breakspear...

Ace.... the notorious Pope finishiing JSW and not seeing red.  Generally regarded as one of the top 5 inept refereeing displays ever seen at the CG, 10 yellows that day v Flitters' boys.

Wrongly disallowed an NSSJO goal after Glad All OIver had finished playing.

Maybe his brand of refereeing will work in our favour this time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 10:37:10 »

Don't doubt it's Breakspear, but the FA/EFL and technology are a bit of a joke. The "suspensions" page is rubbish. The local leagues new "full-time" website is less usable than the old one, and the refereeing appointments are not up to date

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/match-officials/referee-appointments/

On the plus side, ifollow Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 10:49:13 »

Ace.... the notorious Pope finishiing JSW and not seeing red.  Generally regarded as one of the top 5 inept refereeing displays ever seen at the CG, 10 yellows that day v Flitters' boys.

Wrongly disallowed an NSSJO goal after Glad All OIver had finished playing.

Maybe his brand of refereeing will work in our favour this time

That was one of the worst I've ever seen. Completely lost control and resulted in a player getting seriously hurt. The Obika disallowed goal was one of the biggest farces I've ever seen.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 11:13:20 »

Yes sorry slip of the fingers.

Charles Breakspeare.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:20:13 »

Ace.... the notorious Pope finishiing JSW and not seeing red.

Breakspear also the name of the only English Pope, perhaps that's why he didn't send him off.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: