Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38059 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 09:35:40 »

So Brown says we need 74/75 points for the play offs, meaning we need a minimum of 11 points from the last 5 games. A tough ask so anything less than 3 points tonight and surely that’s season over.

I’m going for a 2.0 win, Woolery and Richards scoring in front of a 6019 crowd.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 09:41:11 »

I've already written the playoffs off to be honest. Even if we get there, the teams around us are better than we are so we won't win them. Still going tonight though and I think it'll be tight, a 1-0 to either side.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 09:42:14 »

Either a dour draw (1-1) or our multiple crosses may begin to find their targets and we run out 2-0 winners.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 09:47:55 »

Hmmm... 3 wins and 2 draws oOR 4 wins and a loss from 5.....think its already over myself. Nothing, but nothing, suggests we are capable of that.

If we we can't beat Yeovil ,who played a lot of Saturday's game with 9 men and have a good striker suspended, at home its would usually most definitely over. With this seasons away form, who knows.

No, stop it brain. Lose tonight its over and you know it. Draw and its still nearly mission:impossible. Win and that bastard hope will come into play.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 10:21:48 »

2-0 in front of the lowest crowd of the season. Let’s not forget, the other teams above us are, generally, just as shite.

Flitcroft could well have managed to fuck up 2 club’s ambitions in one season. All he had to do was keep Mansfield ticking over.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 10:28:13 »

The Man City V Liverpool game is also on tonight. That will probably reduce the crowd a bit!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 10:34:50 »

Win or game over.

Interesting to hear PB talk up Twine, after DF did the same (and then pack him off on loan). Given Norris is out, Richards is old/carrying a knock and Keshi+Woolery does not work, maybe a chance for Twine to have an impact.

Tonight - 1-0. James Dunne. 5840 with 550 Yeoviltons.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 10:45:40 »

Massive game, loads riding on the outcome of this.

If Swindon win then my 2 week old nephew becomes a Swindon fan, if Yeovil win then he will be a Yeovil fan.

Thats the bet with my Brother in law and he shook on it, hes more a Man Utd fan than a Yeovil fan TBF but Yeovil are his 2nd club and he still goes to about 15 Yeovil games a season.

Yes I know its a mean bet as there can be no winners in a battle of 2 rubbish teams to support.

As for our game, if we lose the playoffs will be over for me.

If we win then its game on and very possible.

A draw will keep us in the chase but difficult to make up the points with games running out.

We played a lot better without the goal we needed on Saturday so lets keep it up even though I cant see where the goals will come from.

Luckily the 2 players suspended are 2 of their best players in Dickson and Zoko, Zoko also missed the home game vs us in October. Dickson is their first choice left back so if we can get pressure on the reserve/stand in LB then that could be a key factor. Zoko is their leading scorer on 12 goals so he will be a big miss for them.

Their last 8 away form is LDDLLDWW, our last 8 home form is WWWWWLDD.

Our owest home attendance this season has been 5,439 vs Crewe, I think the crowd will be slightly above that today but only because Yeovil will bring more than Crewe did.

5,567 crowd with 325 Yeovilians.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 10:49:32 »

Massive game, loads riding on the outcome of this.

If Swindon win then my 2 week old nephew becomes a Swindon fan, if Yeovil win then he will be a Yeovil fan.
I'm on hold with the NSPCC as we speak ....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 10:58:05 »

I'm on hold with the NSPCC as we speak ....
I refuse to be held responsible for his fathers irresponsible bet Wink

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 11:01:57 »

5,567 crowd with 325 Yeovilians.

Is that what you call a denizen of Yeovil?  I've often wondered.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 11:09:39 »

Is that what you call a denizen of Yeovil?  I've often wondered.
It is indeed, or yobs as we call them Smiley

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 11:10:28 »

Mixed bag of enthusiasm from the Stags fans for tonight’s trip down the M1 to St. Evenage. Just our luck we both come away tonight with the same result.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 11:20:30 »

Stupid question.

Is the STFC app supposed to be different from the STFC website. On the website I see all the iFollow options, but cannot watch games from the browser.

The downloaded app has no sign of iFollow anywhere.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 11:45:10 »

Mixed bag of enthusiasm from the Stags fans for tonight’s trip down the M1 to St. Evenage. Just our luck we both come away tonight with the same result.

This will be Flitters' third trip to whatever they call the ground these days..... a new manager to the previous two games which yielded a win and a defeat.

Jonny Goddard might have a point to prove....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: